data-csrf="1714258397,d9e3c9504c27d5d220133d455cfbf35d" I beat Big Stick to it | As Real As It Gets

I beat Big Stick to it

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Here is today's build it was about 5 months wait for all the parts. Nice to finally see it together.
Stiller Predator
1-11 Benchmark sendero contour chambered in 308win at 21"
Rifle Basix LV1 trigger
MDT LSS Chassis

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Thoughts in regards to said chassis,with say a Mag Sporter contour at 18"?

The Chassis Chronicles was a HOT Topic today,as we banged around with a wagon load of wares.

How bow heavy is your bitch,as configured?.................

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Sans pod it's not too front heavy. Was thinking the same thing would make a fuck of a carry rifle with a number 4 on it. If you got real crazy with a side folder adaptor it would stow well.

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
I always thought the grip placement looked strangely low on those setups, in relation to the trigger.

Anything feel weird there?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Oatmealsavage82 said:
Sans pod it's not too front heavy. Was thinking the same thing would make a fuck of a carry rifle with a number 4 on it. If you got real crazy with a side folder adaptor it would stow well.
Obliged.

Trying to get a feel for balance,with a rather modest butt in place and an ACE do call.

Wonder how long the sidefolder would stay tight?!?....................

jpipes

Jan 21, 2008
TX
J-Hon said:
I always thought the grip placement looked strangely low on those setups, in relation to the trigger.

Anything feel weird there?
Any pistol grip chassis that I've run with, I had to basically use the grip as place to apply pressure with my bottom three fingers, index finger on the trigger, and thumb resting on a space high and above the trigger guard, same side as the bolt knob. It's no big deal, but I always feel like my hand sits too low otherwise.

KRG and XLR have addressed it by having a "shelf" to index the thumb on, or changed the grip slightly.

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Unfortunately I built it for a friend that lives 14 hours away so any feedback will be second hand. I put 50 rounds through it yesterday which reminded me that shooting is a perishable skill and I need to do more of it. I had 3 groups that started in the .3s and ended up in the 1.3s because I can't remember to load the bipod same same every time or jerk the damn trigger. I've noticed with every rifle I've built that when shooting it the first couple times my nerves wreak havoc on me.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
It gets noted around here daily...that you wanna do all the zero confirmation shit first,BEFORE you gun an Anschutz.

Their triggers will fucking ruin everything else.....................

Hondo64d

Feb 19, 2015
The Big Country
Oatmealsavage82 said:
Here is today's build it was about 5 months wait for all the parts. Nice to finally see it together.
Stiller Predator
Rifle Basix LV1 trigger
MDT LSS Chassis

OMS,

Thinking of doing something similar but on the LSS-XL instead. Any updates on how the above rig has worked out?

Thanks,

John

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Rem Mag Sporter contour at 18" for me.

Between this(20" LTR).

And this (22" Sporter).

I hear tell of a 18" 1-8" 270 in Mag Contour,being in the works.............

Hondo64d

Feb 19, 2015
The Big Country
Didn't realize you had one already but i should have known better. :grin:

Do you like it?

I'm leaning toward the XL version. I'm thinking I'll put their Skeleton stock on it, but a PRS isn't out of the question. Action is going to be a Shilen DGR with the nut. Rifle is intended to be a chunk, so how large a tube do you think I can get away with without any contact issues?

Thanks,

John

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Hondo64d said:
Oatmealsavage82 said:
Stiller Predator
Rifle Basix LV1 trigger
MDT LSS Chassis

OMS,

Thinking of doing something similar but on the LSS-XL instead. Any updates on how the above rig has worked out?

Thanks,

John
Buddy loves it. I think think the xl would be a great way to fly. If you order one I'd order direct from MDT as your dollar is kicking the shit out of ours right now and it would save you some moolah.

athhud

Oct 21, 2008
AL
The magazine well notch in the gas passer is fucking genius! How'd I not thunk of it already, I cain't know...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Makes it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy handy for DBM's,Baby Krunchentickers and Beeg Krunchentickers...so as to keep balance centered. That while not distracting from ADL,BDL or Lever Guns.

"Range the bitch and get The Gas Passer",prolly ain't mentioned more than 100x a day...............(grin)

huntsman22

Jan 25, 2013
eastern CO
link off a ruger forum. 20% off. may come in handy.....

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-bolt-action/143460-largest-ever-mdt-chassis-blowout-sale-20-off-free-shipping.html

Pappy

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Very good, I like mine. Nice work

I lost mine to a buddy, he shot it once and said he wanted to build one like it, I said shoot mine for a while and see how you like it. Guess he is using it for the season which is fine by me.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I do like the LSS myself. I've got a RAR Predator 6.5 Creed going in one tomorrow... How do you like the Bushnell?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
'Buggy just got his 700 Custom Creed' and I'll be curious to see how it do,especially with the JLK's.

REAL close to rebarreling Sister's 25-284 to 22-250AI,BR,XC or mebbe even Creed' for the 143ELD's..............