data-csrf="1711669635,e6794e2b54367b5f40ebcdde1b389fd2" I forgot how expensive this site is. | As Real As It Gets

I forgot how expensive this site is.

Accraholic

Nov 27, 2007
Oregon coast
I am skeptical of that big ol magazine. I see you guys have already mentioned the rotary magazine idea. Would that take machine work on the bolt, or is it just a no go at this time ?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The Vudoo isn't gonna ever eat Ruger rotary mags. It's crafted to slip into a 700 stock footprint effortlessly and feed via AICS DBM expressly. All for very GOOD reasons,which I get,like and happily use.

Flipside being,the door is wide open for someone to do a Killer Receiver,which eats from Ruger mags. The RAR's do it well,come in S/S and smoke other mainstay efforts.

Ruger REALLY needs a 17 Whizzum S/S RAR................................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Vudoo's are CRF and the mags are flawless. I've better than a dozen of them and have flogged on them all.

The ZERO deformation,do rate the billing.................

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Stick, are your Vudoos the flat or coned breech variety and do you see any reason to shy away from the flat?

I’ve seen MBs explanation for the change but wouldn’t have any intention of stuffing cheap ammo into it so is there any other reason to stay away from the flat.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Mine are flat.

Biggest reason to go coned,is if driving a can...to fight crud falling from same and interfering with lockup,by building up gunk on the boltface.

Has ZERO bearing on relative ammo quality. Chamber dimensions are what factor that.

Cans don't horn me up.....................

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
I spoke to Mike in person about the breech change...... Wasn't really convinced to send mine back.

He made it out to be a 10/10th optimization specifically for guys running cans and not sweeping things out after big round counts (like 1000+ rounds). I don't think there's a real 'downside' to them, especially since he cuts them pretty shallow (no issues with dry firing or dinging the chamber) but It wasn't worth $50 in shipping to me. I shoot mine 100% suppressed, quite a bit, and haven't had an issue (no idea on round count, but I do swab chambers and brush off the bolt face once in a great moon).