data-csrf="1713549224,79d4b667b3b1e92a68cd0bcb87a1de38" I shot him in the blinker at 20 feet | As Real As It Gets

I shot him in the blinker at 20 feet

snowchaser

Jul 27, 2010
vermont
I was working my way up a steep mountainside looking for a good buck, going really slow because the thick layer of leaves were crunchy and loud. About 2/3rds of the way to the top I pop up on a bench facing a big old Maple tree with a good size triangular hole in the bottom 20 feet directly in front of me, nothing out of the ordinary old gnarley maple trees are common. What drew my attention was that the ground in a 6' semi circle in front of the whole in the tree was completely bare not a leaf to be seen. Thinking that a Bear has most likely done this, I pay a little more attention to the hole in the tree, all i can see is black. I keep looking and now I can see some brown, now I can make out his face, The bear is in the hollowed out tree and i am 20 feet right in front of him. The next thing I know out comes a paw and then out comes his head and thats when i shot him in the eye at 20 feet. After I shot the bear pulled itself back inside the tree, so I waited a while before laid down on the ground and reached inside to drag him out. The bear was an old sow with broken and worn down teeth , She weighed 159 with the guts out. bullet went in her eye and out through her bottom jaw smashing her skull in the process. The bullet was a 120 grain ttsx at 3050 fps out of a 7-08 montucky. It was an exciting day for sure. I will post pics later

Reactions: Prowler

Robertfed

Nov 13, 2020
  • Deleted by cwh
Show…

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Have shot 'em outta trees and seen 'em killed insidea trees,but never done so.

Am starting to think we have too many,all over again.

Congrats..................

Reactions: snowchaser