data-csrf="1711631964,3923c458e3876410e4837ea0f870c06c" I Wouldn't Fucking Linger..................... | As Real As It Gets

I Wouldn't Fucking Linger.....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I saved $550 on (2) 3-15's and (1) 3-9x. $1575.64 to the door,with caps and (3) sets of Swiffer rings.

These are The GOOD Old Days.......................

Reactions: bobnob

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
I need to find someone that has one of those variables and give it a look.
Didn’t care much for the 6x and 10x so haven’t bothered to try any others.

jack mountain

Feb 6, 2014
VA
I know guys have had issues with the 1-4 on hard kickers, but anyone scared to put one on an AR?
Missed the 1-6x party on sample list.

Certifiable

Jun 10, 2015
Mountain, I have one on a 762x39 AR that’s seen maybe 2k rounds. Another on an Anschutz MSR .22 that has stacked a gaggle of brass. No issues with either..

Firth

Feb 1, 2015
I've had two bad one's.... on 10/22's. In fairness the first was a sample list purchase and wouldn't focus even before it was mounted. On the replacement I probably put a few hundred rounds through it and the power ring locked up. Pulled it off and it was still locked solid so it went back. I thought hard about the 1x6's but I'm a glutton for punishment I guess because #3 is on its way for an AR 15.

jack mountain

Feb 6, 2014
VA
Got one ordered. See what happens.
wish I’d grabbed a 1-6x a couple weeks back.
got an extra 3-9x if anyone’s looking to horse trade a 1-6x.

stranger

Nov 3, 2017
AK
I bit, will give it a try. I've got a couple 6x and a 10x, this one should be as good or better.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
If I can squeeze a 1-6x outta The Horn,it will have been a pretty good haul. Pissed at myself for getting sidetracked and not getting an action in the mail to Kalifornia,as a 3-15x landing pad....................

go ahead

Jul 22, 2008
TN
Picked up 2 more 3-9’s. Those are my favorite of the lot. I might even like them better than my nxs’s.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've prolly got way too many,but Sister likes them.

After tasting 10yd parallax,everything else sucks.......................

go ahead

Jul 22, 2008
TN
I probably just don’t shoot well enough or know enough to tell the difference. I love the 3-9’s they remind me of the 3.5-10 Leupold’s we all used to use except these work.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Parallax is a Mind Fuck,which is something many are quick to equate to "focus"...yet ain't.

Next time you go to shoot,simply do the Stevie Wonder Check and with a WELL rested rifle,gawk through the scope and move your head around with a full field of view. The reticle will move and that is parallax.

If one is shooting comfortably from a bench or similar and can mount the platform consistently,parallax can border closer to moot. Reality is,very few shoot in sucha' manner and as Utility Killing goes,it do very much play a role. As distance increases,so do the effects.

Had a buddy I work with call a coupla R&R's ago,scratching his head and motherfucking a sound rifle(Kali Kid Kustom),that was/is STUPID accurate,but "fell apart" at 700yds and out. I laughed and said "You are parallax fucking yourself",as he was driving a FFP 3-15x MQ with parallax adjustment. He tried to argue it and I asked if he was close to his rifle and he said "yes",as he was home. I told him to set it up static,looking out at a like distance and to Stevie Wonder,during the phone call. He goes "what in THE fuck?!?" and I re-laughed. There's not a better way to detect same and the Mind fuck is REAL,when you place crosshairs in a place the boolit don't fly to,due parallax.

Thus the affinity to scribe a parallax setting,with a platform's zero,as it is intuitive to KNOW you'll wanna correct either side of same,if/when opportunity allows.

Go do same and report back.

Toldjaso......................(grin)

Reactions: Brazo

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
I teach my kids the same. Get the rifle steady and then move your head around and adjust parallax till the crosshair remains steady on target. Its best to check/adjust parallax on the highest magnification as it will magnify the error.
Parallax adjustment dials are often not very exact and some not even close.
My Vortex Viper LR needs the dial near 200 for a good 100 yard actual.

Last edited:

go ahead

Jul 22, 2008
TN
Thank you I’ll pay attention to that. I guess I’ve just not paid much attention to it and to be honest thought of it more of focus which you explained it ain’t. Thanks again.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
It is a NICE "problem" to have,when focus and parallax jive,but that certainly isn't always the case. Many sidefocus parallax turrets can be re-indexed,to align things much closer with their prescribed yardage scale. Those that can't,are easily scribed.

Main thing is to KNOW what's going on and more importantly why.........................

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
I picked up 2 more 3-9s. Was looking at 1-4 also. Did they get the kinks worked out of the 1-4 or is it a pass?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've never Puked a 1-4x,but have several pards that received 'em Puked from SampleList. No biggy,as they offered to replace or credit,as per whim.

Lens elements shift and no focus possible via ocular. Have never heard of a turret woe.

Lotsa buddies are buying more and I don't recall a NIB Puke....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I swapped the one on my Babiest 270 out,for a 1-6x MQ HD.

Should prolly slap it aboard a 10/22 or AR/1522,as a Tough Test..............................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Prolly not a horrid bitch.

But ordered another LRTS without an "I"(unfortunately) in '18x G3 FDE,which will prolly end up here,or on my Sandy Terrain 224 Speedmire.............

TWR

Feb 27, 2009
Oklahoma
I bought a 6.5 needmoor just to shoot our 1000 yard range. Put a 3-9 on there and things got wonky at 1000. No problems all the way to 900, blamed it on the wind at 1000. Buddy said put that fixed 10 on there so we did right there on the bench.
Wind musta laid down up there cause my hit factor went way up... Parrallax is real.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've found it REAL handy,to have like platforms,with like ammo,wearing different glass to illustrate same.

The 6x MQ being the greatest Mind Fuck,because folks have this "power" thing etched in their brains and it matters the LEAST.

Funny to watch!

Must be blowing 60 currently..............(grin)

TWR

Feb 27, 2009
Oklahoma
Same buddy has a 6X on his 6.5 needmoor and runs it to 1000 just the same. He was sold on the MilQuad when I sighted in with one shot. Once he saw the windshield match the turrets, a light bulb came on. Happened to me too.
Might stick one on the 223

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The above 223 was originally my MQ Believer Platform. I'd let guys shoot the fuck outtta it,then "reveal" that it wore a "lowly" 6x and it was funny to watch,how they couldn't undo,what they'd been doing (easily).

FUNNY shit!

Then someone wanted to borrow a scope or something,so it'll be a FFP MQ Mind Fuck now................