data-csrf="1711639979,a93697ac3f9c56f5a2827cce75982105" I'm thinking my buddy is nutz.... | As Real As It Gets

I'm thinking my buddy is nutz....

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
....in a way cool way.

My hunting partner turned 70 this year and he bought himself one hell of a present.

'14 Z51 Stingray

Happy birthday indeed.

CR

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
He's 70 and married so no split tail hunting for him....

We loaded it up yesterday and headed out to a 3 gun match. He opened it up a bit, damn thing will set you back in your seat.

CR

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
He just told me he signed up for a driving school out in Vegas. They let you race one of their cars on a road course. It's apparently some perk offered to the buyers of a car like this.

CR

Armed Ferret

Dec 18, 2007
Maryland, wishing it was TX
Nah, anyone can do that, and there's several across the country. It's not really a "school" as much as a "tourist attraction". It's several hundred bucks for a few laps in a vette, 458, mclaren, or gallardo.

there was just recently a death at one of them because the jackasses had everyone going around the track the opposite direction from what's intended, the driver lost control, and the car slammed into the unprotected end of a guardrail. had they been going the right direction, it woulda been a toasted car but the driver/instructor would have both walked away.

i would much rather do an actual track day, cause at least there, the people are in their OWN cars and tend to drive a little less shitty. stress on little though. (grin)