data-csrf="1714082968,faac0374f6e53b801ad67cae4f2bd305" Ingram replacement? | As Real As It Gets

Ingram replacement?

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
Been running one of Gene's yellowjackets for the last 10 years. Somehow I managed to put it down in the grass after finishing up with this year's freezer filler and I can't find it. I haven't given up on finding it yet, but I'm already wondering what to pick up as a replacement or backup. It doesn't sound like Gene is still making blades, and I don't think Joel is either. Thoughts? Really like the yellow jacket style- small, slim, handy, although high vis scales are probably a good idea moving forward!

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
Just used a $14 Mora Companion(SS version) on the wife's archery buck from start to quartered/bagged, and that blade still pops the hairs on my arm.

I am quite impressed with the blade quality. The size is just about perfect and the scandi grind is very easy to touch up. Also, I think the sheath is well done though mine isn't worn on my hip, but gets thrown in a pack.

I've always wanted an Ingram. The Mora certainly isn't that, but might be my primary choice from now on.

Last edited:

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Gene I still going to make some knives and list them on his site but is no longer taking new orders. Might be worth emailing him.

I like Winston's stuff too.

We need to get Joel back to work!

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
This thread reminded me of how much I liked my Esees, so I just snagged this one-

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Wolfman, if you can't turn up your ingram at the gut pile send me a pm, I might have a yellow jacket gathering dust. It's got hi vis scales too!

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Wait…I thought that was going in the .223 Montana box you were selling me??

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
You can't get all the goodies man!
Besides, the kiddo would be pissed if I sold "his" Montana.
You're still welcome to borrow it though

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
I'll check him out.

Wife and I have nearly gutted our 30s house, and the kitchen is the last box to check on the list.

Wanting to kit it out with a good set of blades once we've done cabinets, etc.

Reactions: Painless

Apr 3, 2010
Contacted Charles May. He looks to have a nice variety of designs to choose from. May be giving him a try shortly. Hoping Gene makes a full recovery as well. Kids had me on his list apparently.

go ahead

Jul 22, 2008
TN
I just got in line with Tim Olt. I like the looks of it and trust the opinions of some of the guys using his stuff. It will be spring before I can speak to it.