data-csrf="1713496061,036a7383184d53fd32198968dc535b89" Instagram handles | As Real As It Gets

Instagram handles

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
So with having a bunch of potential ass time in my near future wondering if any of you do the instagram thing and if you do what are your handles? Mine is @kaberarms

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Some mythical creature that lives in a magical place called Instagram. Pretty sure it was created in a lab.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Someone feel free to explain Instagram to me.

I've never seen/done it or facebook.

Convince me,that I'm "missing" something.......................

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
It's really just quick photo sharing from your phone. Twitter is words, and nobody reads. Facebook is pictures and words and it's mostly for women. IG is short video and pictures, and it's beloved by teenagers. You "follow" people that post shit you're interested in, and then they target ads to your feed based on those interests. Lots of celebrities log their every move on IG. I watch about 30 total people/businesses, almost all motorcycle content, and in exchange I get the occasional discount on dirt bike parts, and some entertainment.
The only thing you might be missing is early notification. Lots of businesses throw up notifications of sales and new products there first. I just looked up Vudoo Gunworks. They posted every day from the SHOT show for instance.
If you posted things, and a lot of people don't, it'd be for your friends/family/etc. Guys who get a ton of followers get free shit to post pics of, and the company that gave them the free shit gets advertising. SWFA should send you some free scopes for you to review, for instance. Maybe people would finally pay attention :D

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Not much different than discussion forums at a basic level, just a different audience and format.

I enjoy IG, don’t have twitter and not a big Facebook fan.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
Not much different than discussion forums at a basic level, just a different audience and format.

I enjoy IG, don’t have twitter and not a big Facebook fan.
I'm not much for social media. IG is more of a personal fan club page or look at me page.

I've been on message boards before all of them even existed. Problem is with those places as they seem to gather the biggest idiots. Which is why all 3 of them differ from places like this. People put their 2 f'n cents in on things they don't know anything about. Not to mention people put their entire life online, when they go on vacation or take a shit. I'm sure we all have heard about the tards that posted on FB they were on vacation. Someone broke into their house, ate their food, slept in their bed and then took what they wanted before they came back.

It has been said "social media is the ruination of the western world".

So maybe some or all of the 3 could be for you or not but I'll pass.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Snowflakes will always melt and I rather enjoy the spectacle.

Gonna concentrate on pics this pass and have been doing a good job of it at work. -30 two days ago and Ma' Winter has her hooks in deep......................

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
Too bad there's not a cure for snowflake'ism....Stick, maybe you can set up a bootcamp for these idiots and make their mind right. Have the govt pay for it....laffin....Better than anything whore Pelosi tried to put in that stimulus package.....

-30?.....We didn't have a winter here in PA.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
When I lived in Portland, a buddy and I were camping in Tillamook NF. Just camped on a landing, and had plenty of slash to make firewood, great views all around, lots of places to shoot. The subject came up that pretty much nobody that we worked with could fathom what we were doing much less actually do it. And therefore, there must be a market for a "man camp" where you "get to" run a chainsaw, split some firewood, build a fire, cook over the fire, and generally improvise and survive. Still could be viable, but it sounds like a miserable thing to run, and if insurance companies knew what it really looked like, you could never get insurance. My buddy also invented carbon credits that weekend, although I think I convinced him that nobody would be stupid enough to fall for such a ruse.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The front desk gals like it,when I ask them to announce "Larry is having Man Class at 4:30...he said to bring your checkbook".

SWFA amongst others,rather likes those annoucements...................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The girls always ask for Man Class particulars and I leave them hanging...which only adds to the humor...............(grin)

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
You could do that on Insta and have a ton of students. But then the mystery would be out for the girls.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
It almost seems like you don't care what Lindsy Lohan ate for lunch, or what the Kardashians are wearing today.

I joined instagram for some reason a while back. Rarely go there, but just like anything there can be good content mixed in with the trash. Probably even the same for facebook.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Plum handy to leave Cameras,Scopes,LRF's and the like at work,for Phase 3 Man Classes.

It fucks heads up,that bullets matter.......................(grin)