data-csrf="1711642010,dac4b10db0a2cc081f875f1e0cd206be" Just some hunting shots put to music | As Real As It Gets

Just some hunting shots put to music

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Yeppers,

The old guy in the first shot is my Grandpa that died at 94 years last August. The boy is my 15 year old, my dad is in a bunch. Cousins and good friends. The guy on the hillside holding two rifles is SMG Jerry Glessman that was on my team in Astan.

That's a bunch of the crew.

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
The kids in snow at the end are mine, me with them. I'm in some of the other shots. Seems I'm the only guy taking any shots.

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
It's an over the counter tag. Rifle runs from the closest Saturday to 1 October through the first week of November. Some decent ones get doink all season but most good ones get tagged the last week of the season. Halloween always seems to produce.

We get one buck a year unless you luck out with a special tag. So it ain't volume killing around here. But rifle blacktail is my favorite hunt without question.

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Getting a nice one like some of those doesn't happen every year. Our crew does better than most. But there are some very good blacktail hunters around that get a decent one pretty much every year. Usually our crew doinks one or more mature bucks every year. Amazing that if you scout, shoot, hunt long and hard you really up your odds. There are some of us that tag out every year but most don't work hard enough.

Pappy

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Looks good, the pic with the young man looking towards the hills is a great one. I had to look out of my school window towards the mountains and it hurt to sit there all day.

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
The young man is my son. He's a decent kid.

Heading up in the hills tomorrow one way or the other. Spent the last two days in a gym coaching at a 32 team wrestling tourny. Love the sport but I need my outdoor fix.