data-csrf="1713572561,62390c854a243157387b64a12d95771e" Lee collet neck die | As Real As It Gets

Lee collet neck die

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
I’ve always used Redding neck or bushing neck dies with no real complaints but would like to hear opinions of the Lee die.

Hondo64d

Feb 19, 2015
The Big Country
A Redding body die combined with a Lee Collet die has produced ammo as straight as anything else I have used. I prefer that combo to any other except maybe a custom honed Forster FL die.

John

Brazo

Mar 29, 2013
The Keystone State
I like the ones that I use, work well. You can also use a bushing die with no bushing and expander removed as a body die if you have one already.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Don’t particularly care for Lee offerings either but their collet dies get a whole lotta love. Might just be something to them.....

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Had a chance to sit down and get familiar with this collet die and so far I’m sold.

Took some fired Norma 260Rem brass and ran it through the die then a 1/8th turn and ran it through again. First loads after that had less than 1/2-.001 runout with 123gr SMKs. Waiting on a stock to come back from McM for further accuracy evaluation. The SMK load shot a little less than MOA at 100 in the floppy OEM stock. Those loads were pre collet die. We’ll see if they do better with the collet die and a better handle.

Last edited:

Brazo

Mar 29, 2013
The Keystone State
Did you get the new design with the notches in the die lock ring? They new version also doesn't size the very top of the case mouth and leaves a little flare in it to help with bullet seating.

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Love Redding and Forster but confess that I've run Lee collet sizers for turnbolt hunting fodder for nearly 4 decades with stellar terminal results.

Father forgive me for I have sinned..... *grin*

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Man Day today with me,The Dude and BabyMan...with a Hurricane.

Has me tempted to load up with Vudoos and set some Lee dies on a stump and have a shoot off................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Shoulda...but I pretty much watched The Dude shoot and BabyMan slept through it. He shot a 50yd clean on first attempt with the Chickmunk,from a shit rest,though the wind was HONKING.

Pretty funny..................

RDW

Sep 6, 2014
I don't get hate for a no-lube neck size and an occasional run through a Redding body die when the bolt gets tight.

If Redding or Forstner made collet dies I would buy them, for now it's Lee.

7mmMato2

Oct 7, 2019
I don't get hate for a no-lube neck size and an occasional run through a Redding body die when the bolt gets tight.

If Redding or Forstner made collet dies I would buy them, for now it's Lee.
I have used them back when I did neck sizing. I don't neck size any longer I always full length. I dont hate the Lee Collet dies but I do hate Hornady Sizing dies. Now there seater works pretty well.