data-csrf="1713595755,c8fea4bb0fe2262bbad9de91e2ac3f1c" Leupold tracking | As Real As It Gets

Leupold tracking

Willicd

Mar 27, 2016
I gave up on leupold years ago because their tracking sucked and at that time i really depended on it being PERFECT. My quandry is that i have moved on to scope that i feel are much better all the way around, (i prefer the sightron s3) but they are HEAVY. I am in need of a scope for a couple of very light weight rifles and was wondering how the tracking on the new fx3 6x42 would be with an M1 turret compared to the 1990's stuff i am familiar with? Thanks.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've had/have some exceptional 6x42's...but will never buy another,with the 6x MQ being an option. The MQ has 36MOA on the windshield alone and Reupold simply has NO answer to that.

The Illuminati is 14-ounces and blows the Reupold out of the fucking water. Pin it to subtend in harmony with the erector and all becomes very EASY. It's got (3) Reupold 6x42's worth of erector travel AND the fucking windshield. They track/repeat unerringly and of course boast that magnificent illumination.

Goddamned nearly threw one on my BABY 270 yesterday morning................

16Bore

Feb 11, 2010
Virgina
I'm still stuck on M8/M1/6x42's and luckily only a 1/2 turn of trouble is all I ever need/get.

Fucked up and CDS'ed one. Best thing to come out of it was saving some buddies from doing the same.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
It's easy for me to say,because I got 'em all.(grin)

Buggy yanked the 6x MQ offa his Krunchenticker Fightin' Rifle and checked a box at 650yds right outta the gate,ala Illuminati. Hardly "surprising",as I've seen me shoot Slim Shady and savvy the appeal.

It also upsets the cart,that Illuminati turrets are more tactile/positive than M1's,MQ's or MD's. REALLY fucked up,that they's easy to zero-stop too.

The erector travel is soooooooo fucking great,that it'd be nice to have a cordless drill adapter on the bitch....................(grin)

Willicd

Mar 27, 2016
They show the SS 6x at almost 21oz but its actually 14oz? If so, it will be a game changer for me. I shoot LR practical matches as well as hunting so i REALLY prefer to dial elevation but ONLY if i can trust it! Shot a good eating hog on the way home from the farm this evening but just "held" where i needed to be. I hate doing that.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nope...the 6X MQ is 20-21oz,the 1-4x MQ is 14 ounces.

Though the 1-4x is SFP,it subtends in synch with the erector at 4x,which is where to pin it and to forget it's a variable and to simply gun it as a Fixed 4x.

Mine average 62 fucking Mils of total travel on the erector,plus 10 more on the windshield and 70+ Mils of elevation correction just happens to be "forgiving".

Hint...................(grin)

Willicd

Mar 27, 2016
So what are the odds that the fx3 with M1 turrets i have coming will be repeatable? I dont care that its precisely 1/4moa per adjustment only that it is perfectly and always REPEATABLE. I always shoot my rifle, load, and scope "in" at distance to know exactly whats going on and in that case the repeatability is really the only thing that matters.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I couldn't give odds,but can facts. It won't begin to touch MQ repeat sanctity and that's "only" 100% for CERTAIN.

There was over 1000 MOA dumped in this 6x erector between pokes,so it could repeat a new zero confirmation,with a new lot of powder in forming loads.

They are simply fucking AMAZING...................

Willicd

Mar 27, 2016
If i can snag a used one i will and try to save some weight somewhere else. I have whittled on the receiver as much as possible and the barrel is 20" so fluting it may be the only option there.

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
I fought hard against the 6x MQ on my Montanas because I thought they would be too heavy. Sheeeiit...