data-csrf="1713609736,fe4fba8fa5a1a9d0765e91686b3c9211" Looking for project stock 700SA | As Real As It Gets

Looking for project stock 700SA

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
As the title says I’m looking for a SA 700 fixer upper stock.
If I could choose I’d prefer an ADL but I can make a BDL into an ADL if necessary.
It’s destined for a 700ML so a opened up barrel channel isn’t a big deal.
Don’t care if the recoil pad is no good, we can fix that.

Shoot me a PM if you have one you’d like to move along and maybe we can work something out.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
got one for you. Let me dig it out. You will have to sign an affidavit stating you will not post any pictures of my attempt a fl bedding job on the internet.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Never heard back from Joel, not sure if he’s out hunting or what.

Still looking, have a line on a Christiansen stock but nothing set in stone yet.

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
i probably have an AG composite BDL stock i could trip. it came off of a bergara premier and then modded to fit a 700.

nephew josh has it so it's not in possession for pics.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Came up with a beater HS stock off of the LRH site. It had been bubba’d badly…
Had the Christiansen stock already so it got reworked while I was at it.

Top picture, upper rifle is the HS stock. It was off one of the PSS rifles. Wide ass forend was slimmed down and body worked. Barrel channel filled to better match this barrel profile. This originally had a BDL type floor plate so it was converted to ADL since the muzzleloaders are solid bottom actions.

Lower rifles stock is off a Christiansen Arms Ridgeline. They’re carbon fiber and rather nice stocks. It too was a BDL and was converted to ADL. No other mods were made.

After the body work was done both got a coat of bedliner for texture then Aluma-Hyde for color.
I’ve been asked about doing “camo” paint jobs but really didn’t like my attempts until sponge painting was tried. I like the random effect this technique gives you and it’s stupid simple.

Last edited:

nimrod1949

Mar 1, 2010
n. idaho
Copy. Thanks!
I sold my 700 muzzleloader as I always reached for my Knight and purchased a second knight for my boy to shoot lefty.
I could see getting back into another 700ML set up similar to yours.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Both of these have had the Badger Ridge bolt nose and breachplugs installed. There’s absolutely no blow back now. Makes them a completely different animal.

Reactions: nimrod1949