data-csrf="1713501783,54434b698361efdb54180e4658ccca2c" Low and Extra Low Talleys on Montana. | As Real As It Gets

Low and Extra Low Talleys on Montana.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
A little dull around here lately and I thought some might find this interesting. I have a low-mount obsession and I'm always looking for that perfect cheek weld on a fast handling rifle. These two are the best I can do.

Top is extra-low. To get there was the new bolt handle, milling a bit off the top of the handle attachment boss with a 3/4" ball end mill, and a crescent of aluminum removed from the back of the rear base. Everything has about 3/32" clearance - bolt, eyepiece, and objective. SWFA 3-9x has a slightly smaller diameter than the 6x. When this gets rebarelled it'll have a shorter shank and miles of objective clearance, but it's OK as is.

Bottom is the low ringmounts. Same bolt handle design, no other changes required. The 6x is just enough bigger that I'd have to cut more off the bolt handle boss than I'm willing to.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Puked too many LW's,to roll dice.

DD's mount rather low,upon said platform...with inclination tossed in the rings and copious erector travel granted..................

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
I missed the train on DD's, and Burris isn't changing direction now. But yeah, I agree!