data-csrf="1713531679,2da6ead48ff083ac7209be7f841936b6" Mathews Creed..... | As Real As It Gets

Mathews Creed.....

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
Have any of you shot one yet? I did and it was enough for me to order one and it came in yesterday.

Draw cycle similar to the Heli-m, but has more of a distinct roll-over/wall which let's you know your at full draw. No sponge-like valley.

If I can manage to get it set up here today (17°) and chrony it I'll post the results.

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Still blissfully happy with my Legacy. I only manage to stay that way by never walking into my LBS. *grin*

Looking forward to impressions if Creed really rocks....

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
It's great. Just remembering off the top of my head, 379grs arrow 298 fps. 30" draw 71#. With only a string loop and a peep on the string.

No hand shock, quiet and it's pretty light.

Just my personal preference, I'd run from a Bowtech. The draw curve sucks on the newer ones and I've had issues with limb delamination. Two different times on the same bow. Others love them and don't have problems. Kinda like me getting all giddy over a new Mossberg/Savage rifle. JUNK!......

Chris

Nov 20, 2007
Between the Mtns and the Plateau
Thanks, I have pretty much decided on a Creed anyway. I have shot the DNA, and the creed so far. The Creed was just easier on my shoulder than the PSE. Looking to shoot Easton axis arrows and gonna go with a Black Gold Ascent sight. Haven't decided on a rest yet.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
I think you'll like the Creed, more so after you shoot it awhile. I did change the grip. My mitts are large and the stock grip didn't sit well. I've this problem with the Bowtech too as well as any manufacturer other than Hoyt. Don't know if you've ever heard of TORQUELESS GRIPS , but they make pretty awesome wood grips. Also a little custom engraving. I'll post a pic or two that I have from my phone.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Have you had a chance to form an opinion yet?

A good bud is looking to buy a Creed, not many people are shooting them around here.

Still got my eye on a MR8, but the Vendetta XL I'm shooting now is so smooth and "easy", not sure about dropping the cash for a new one.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Honestly, I've not shot her much been busy with work lately.

When deciding on which bow to get, I shot Hoyt and a Strothers. I've had two Hoyts previous so I was bias favoring Hoyt outta the gate. The Creed changed my mind.

With a long draw length (hence the XL) your pretty much screwed on most bows. If I were strictly shooting target I'd roll with something longer draw. But hunting from a tree and pulling angled shots I can get away with a shorter draw. Also, I don't give a Fuk who it is that says shoot with a stiff bow arm, which isn't gonna work most of the time in hunting situations. Heavy hunting clothes and the armguards aren't all that. A slight bend in your arm ain't gonna hurt. Plus proper back tension takes a huge wack outta draw length.

The Monster MR8 was also one I selected but noone had it in stock. Seems like the longer armed hunters are bastardize'd and noone wants to accommodate us. Took Mathews years to figure that out.

If your shootn your current bow well why switch? Unless you just want something new. There's a plus side though, your bow now will make a good backup. If you don't have one already. I fucked up years ago and did not have a backup. Cost me 1k in a bow that I really didn't want but needed it for hunting on my scheduled vacation. Always good to have backup.

I may get a chance this weekend to shoot. I'll let you know more.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I tried out the Strother Moxie, felt very well made and was smooth, but way too damn long for my tastes.

Haven't shot a Hoyt in years, but would like to check some out.

I hear ya on the draw length, I got by for several years shooting a Browning Illusion at 30.5". I'm always in a tree with a bow and never had a deer come in the right spot. I'm usually standing on one leg, twisted like a fucking acrobat trying not to fall out of the stand.

Not really sure why I want a new bow. The PSE is a great hunting bow. Maybe a little boring for lack of a better term, but still a good bow. I guess maybe it's because seemingly forever there was only a handful of bows that fit me. Now I've got all these choices and can't help it really.

The speeds available out there now, especially with a 31 or 32" draw are impressive, and makes me almost want to chase FPS, even though it don't mean shit for the way I hunt. Hell i think my old Renegade was cruising at about 240 and it killed a lot of shit for a lot of years and I never once thought about it was slow.

GCG

Mar 2, 2008
ANCH
Never held an MR8 so I can't compare it, but I sold my old Q2XL a couple years ago for a Z9, & have been really happy with it. It may not be a speed bow if that's what you want, but its a comfortable bow & shoots great for me. Might be worth looking to see if you can find one to shoot a couple times.