data-csrf="1711711630,92c9dd1f9ba4d99e5c596b07d4479544" McMillan for Tikka | As Real As It Gets

McMillan for Tikka

WhiskeyTango

Dec 4, 2009
Colorado Springs
If you had to suffer a Tikka T3X UL, which McMillan hunting stock would you look at? I’d like to ditch the stock bottom metal for AICs.

I have several Sako Hunters so I’d like to try something different.

go ahead

Jul 22, 2008
TN
The Sako Hunter is my favorite stock for sporter contours. As crazy as it sounds the factory tikka stocks fit and work well for me. Especially the ctr but the regular ones do too. Tikkas are not for everyone and not the end all be all but gosh dang they check a lot of boxes after you put in a $10 Spring and address the magazine on the 223. The few I have sold a lot here this hunting season. Mostly to people who wait till deer season to buy a new deer rifle....lol. Either way a tikka with a Black Friday SWFA is so much better than what most guys around here use.

WhiskeyTango

Dec 4, 2009
Colorado Springs
I’ve tried to like the stock and mags but just can’t warm up to them. Rifle seems sound and shoots 147’s well. It’s just an stock ultra light in 6.5 T3X Creedmoor.

Was looking to diversify since I already have a few Sako Hunters but it looks like there aren’t a lot of stocks inlet for Tikka’s. Would have liked a Remington Classic.

Thanks!

Brazo

Mar 29, 2013
The Keystone State
I happen to love the new Mcmillan Hunter / Sako Hunter but if you just wanted to diversify, they make a Sako Classic stock that can most likely be inletted for the Tikka T3x.

go ahead

Jul 22, 2008
TN
I have one Sako classic on a 22-250AI. When it’s time for a new barrel I’ll replace the stock at the same time. It’s done fine by me for a long time but after having a few hunters now that’s all I want for any sporter contour. I have them on standard sporter magnum sporter and 2b and friends with them up to Brux #4. I like that stock with all of them.