data-csrf="1713557756,63056d5e753fbcc92b199d1a0051b828" Merry Christmas you bastards | As Real As It Gets

Merry Christmas you bastards

Armed Ferret

Dec 18, 2007
Maryland, wishing it was TX
Wifey's already having a great one; last year wasn't so good to her hunting-wise, this year she connected. With *MY* muzzleloader might I add....a gun she'd never touched, let alone fired, until yesterday afternoon (grin). About 100 yards, downhill from us, feeding toward us on a terraced bit of land. He hit the rise below us, she connected, and at first I was worried cause although I heard the thwack he didn't take off like he'd been shot....so I was worried he was hit really far back. He made his way toward the woodline below, got over the last rise, and I watched him standing then lost him--figured he sauntered off to find a spot to lie down. As it happened, she was a leeeetle bit back (he was moving when she shot so it's understandable) but she made lung and liver soup inside him. Absolutely destroyed both of them. We decided better to see if there was a blood trail while there was still lots of light left and i reloaded the rig just in case another shot was needed. As we made our way down the hill to see about some blood we got up on a rise and i realized the reason i lost him in the binos was cause he dropped and tumbled down into the ravine. Fresh strap for the smoker today. Mama's happy.

Couldn't be more proud or thrilled, she's definitely hooked and wants to go slaughter some pork soon.

20191224_141830
by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

20191224_145237

After the tumble, doin his best gymnastics.

20191224_154516

20191224_154653(0)

3 hours earlier she was at the salon getting that hair (grin)....got a fancy party in Atlanta for New Year's she wanted to look fabulous for. Get you a woman who does both.

bobnob

Jan 15, 2016
NSW, Australia
Nice one Ferret.

Same to you mate. Happy Christmas!

(It’s Boxing Day here and I’m on my third go at the left overs already this morning!)

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Nice deer!

I hope all here had a good Christmas. I know I ate enough for 3 and drank enough for more than that. Work is going to be painful tomorrow. It’s all about my little one now, and he had a ball. No idea what’s he going to do, or where I’m going to put all the stuff he got...but if he’s happy, I’m happy.

The only shitter of the day was finding out I’m just too damn big to drive the father in law’s newly purchased Corvette.
It’s been awful quiet here for a while. I remember the Christmas threads used to be huge.

Armed Ferret

Dec 18, 2007
Maryland, wishing it was TX
I think life's just catchin up to a lot of folks. I'm punchin for another promotion soon at the unit, odds look fair to middlin for me. They went and put me in charge of like....20 damn people as basically a sink-or-swim and apparently I'm killin it. Fingers crossed.

Does make for a much busier life though.

I have a blog now. I write craptastic prose about travel n shit. There's a whopping 2 posts up there so far, with one more comin prolly this weekend (got a few hours to kill at work when nobody's in the building on Friday so I'll be typing it then).

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Happy Xmas.

They tried to kill us with all you can eat Filet Mignon and King Crab for supper.

Jesus Christ was it GOOD..........................

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
Happy Xmas.

They tried to kill us with all you can eat Filet Mignon and King Crab for supper.

Jesus Christ was it GOOD..........................
There’s worse ways to die.;) We did prime rib Christmas Eve.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable one. Mine was better than I thought it would be. I was just glad I was here to enjoy it. A brush with death will do that to a guy. I have a lifetime of pain ahead of me but I’m still making CO2 and here for my wife and daughter.