data-csrf="1711658758,179d255a53e534dff7e4ec1d23877797" Need Input on Rain Gear | As Real As It Gets

Need Input on Rain Gear

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
My wife and I are taking our daughters on an Alaskan cruise next month. This is not the way I want to visit Alaska the first time...or really at all... ( I'd rather be hunting ), but it is what it is.

We're coming out of Seatle and the wife is more than a little concerned about temperatures and getting soaked.

Apparently, my offer to outfit everyone with new camo isn't to her liking...so I need to know what those of you in the wetter climates find works well to keep from getting soaked and still enjoying what you're doing.

I've had suggestions for everything from Frog Toggs to Columbia, Bass Pro stuff to shit that cost more than my Vudoo's.

I can't see the needs being huge outside of the trip, but I want everyone to enjoy thee experiences and not be froZen from being wet or from the wind.

What should I buy?

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Can’t help you on the rainware, but I can keep the Vudoo warm while you’re gone if you’d like!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'd have Mom choose the cheapest shit she'll sign off on and feign "surprise" when it never comes close to being used,for said pursuit.

Though it is POURING now..................(grin)

• Haha
Reactions: Rolltide

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Yeah, especially for a cruise I wouldn't sweat it. Buy everyone a rain poncho and at least you'll have something to laugh about later.

Where you headed?

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Thanks guys!

I don't recall all of the stops, but I know we stop in Juneau at some point.

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
Not sure where you're at Rolltide, but the wife and I made trip up to Cabela's in bowling green this last deer season.

We picked up boots, insulated coveralls, in town clothes, all kinds of stuff- practically a whole new closet.

We pushed two carts up the the register and got all rung up. I winced in pain reaching for the visa expecting a 4 digit number. Got out under $500 and I felt like I won the lottery.

Crazy how far $200 can go in there.

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
i somehow wore grunden bibs, xtratufs and fleece hoody for the vast amount of days i spent on the back deck. chuck on the jacket if it was heavy spray, really pissing down, or stacking the net.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I appreciate the help!

I've tried to let this play itself out but finally had to step in when she's talking about an extra suitcase just to carry all the "winter gear" in...

The weather channel says highs in the 60s and lows in the 50s...

I'm not a fan of cruises...but I'm looking forward to seeing a little bit of what you boys call home...

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
Tard barge isn’t my thing

but you’ll have fun. If you pop into Yakutat bay to take a look at hubbard take some pics and post em up. I miss that spot.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Got back from the boat ride and I don't think I've ever been more jealous of you guys who live there...

The views are amazing and I know we only saw a tiny sliver of what you guys enjoy every day.

As far as the clothes went, Momma and the kids were all geared up...warm and dry! Obliged for all the help!

Now, we just gotta get this 'Rona shit over so I can go shoot some rimfires...it's been over two weeks with no trigger time!

Reactions: Painless