data-csrf="1713546830,bf977cd0f2b614ea151e38f89b3db11e" New Anschutz 1761 | As Real As It Gets

New Anschutz 1761

jack mountain

Feb 6, 2014
VA
Appears first blush to be taking over the 64 line, but with a lot of improvements. They mention in the article that the 64 is quickly moving towards the end of its life cycle.
Ability to switch barrels quickly is a nice touch. Imroved DBM type bottom metal, improved bolt, lot of configurations offered from Sporter to MPR to an MSR model which is the one I'm most interested in. All repeaters. Saying they're going to really back this line going forward with lots of options and accessories. I'm a little surprised they didn't drill and tap, 11mm dovetail only.

MSRP is steep, but bet street price will be a lot more competitive, along the Bergara/Christiensen lines.

jack mountain

Feb 6, 2014
VA
I gotta quit procrastinating and pull that trigger. They'll take any 700SA stock and DBM? Got a classic with a PTG stealth sitting idle. Not sure I wouldn't rather just go with an action. I talked to Shawn at Hawk Hill a month back when I was picking up and he said they'd made a few rimfire barrels for their own guns , and I'm betting he'd do another. I'd rather support a neighbor. Especially when it's not a compromise.

Still need to KRG Bravo one of my Tikka T1's too.... These are definitely the days for Rimfire goodness. Lots of damn good options in Rifles, pistols and ammo.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Roger on the stock and DBM.

Only have (2),that I went barreled action on,only one of which is a Classic.

The 3rd is on order and for BabyMan,as a complete rifle.

I don't drive any Hawk' Rimfires,but rather like their Centerfire spouts...................

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
JM, If you want to play with a vudoo sporter just give me a shout, you can run mine anytime you like.

Fair warning though , if you shoot one for a while you will be placing an order

7mmMato2

Oct 7, 2019
Hawk Hill are hammers in 6mm bunch of guys running 7.5 twist around here in Dashers and GT's they all amaze. I'm sure there other calibers are just as good but there 6's are stellar.