data-csrf="1711702135,e37dae293490240efa4b2a9ee37be577" New brass tech | As Real As It Gets

New brass tech

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Wonder if that's why they've been out of stock of about everything for so long. Busy trying to find another brass cup supplier overseas?
They haven't had stock of much anything but "Epstein" brass and some not very popular stuff for quite a while now.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
That was my second thought. First thought was... damn, that's pretty cool. Biggest thing to happen to brass since... brass?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Guys are scaring me to death almost daily and I don't get scared.

I keep telling them"your lips,eyes and fingers are pretty close to every explosion"....but noone listens.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Headspace is the BIG one that everybody is in a hurry to fuck up.

Luckily,alot of it won't even go "Bang"....................(grin)

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
Agreed Stick. With the barrel nuts, it's easy to get HS wrong with the ejector left in the bolt face when using gauges. I've done it both ways and you can a much more positive feel for HS when the ejector is taken out.

On the pressure front, I see what some folks post and wonder how they even get the speeds their posting. To top it off, many don't shoot with glasses. Not a good recipe.

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
I have a friend that will tell you straight up
“My bullets have to stay in the shade”.......... grin
And he ain’t lying !
He was running 160’s at a verified 3600 in a STW
One and done for brass with a occasional bolt face repair

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Agreed Stick. With the barrel nuts, it's easy to get HS wrong with the ejector left in the bolt face when using gauges. I've done it both ways and you can a much more positive feel for HS when the ejector is taken out.

On the pressure front, I see what some folks post and wonder how they even get the speeds their posting. To top it off, many don't shoot with glasses. Not a good recipe.

VERY easy to control headspace,with a 'Nut,but what fucks up most is shouldered Factory barrels and Virgin brass.

Scary...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I have a friend that will tell you straight up
“My bullets have to stay in the shade”.......... grin
And he ain’t lying !
He was running 160’s at a verified 3600 in a STW
One and done for brass with a occasional bolt face repair

I've seen Primer Glue.

No thanks................(grin)