data-csrf="1713534496,44052c6d94a0023eecdd716fa1310823" New Build.... | As Real As It Gets

New Build....

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Finally decided to retire my father's half-century old Jonsereds 52 to back-up role after untold bars and chains. My love ordered a 572XP for my Christmas present from Walker's last October and had Donny port and polish the jug, time/trim the piston skirt and otherwise do his magic. The compression release was removed, tossed in the trash and the hole plugged. Arrived last week and had a 28" PowerCut bar and matching full house .058 chain awaiting. Put the first tank through it last w/e, going a tad heavy on the mix and easy on the rpms by cleaning up the fallen boughs and branches along the forested perimeters. Even dropped it a few times to speed up the break-in....

Have a huge Madrona with a 8' base and heavy trifurcated trunks on the property that are self-pruning in its ancient age. One big trunk fell a couple years ago and the Jonny got her done but struggled some on the big cuts. One branch with a 20" butt fell last winter and I made one full-throttle slice my final cut of the day with the new saw. Hot knife through butter. Swear to God, my testosterone levels doubled!

Last edited:
Reactions: Painless