data-csrf="1711631907,9521bff711e6eba809b7deb3cb6f83c8" New cabin build.... | As Real As It Gets

New cabin build....

Brother Bill

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Paradise, Alaska
Not a lot to update, but we did manage to get the siding done this fall....

Hoping to get up there this coming week and spend most of the Christmas break up there. I've only had a couple of days up there since last spring, so I'm looking forward to some cabin time. Last time home i built some cabinet bases and did the ubiquitous epoxy "river pour" for a counter top. The middle part is where the propane oven/cook top will be plumbed in....

Last edited:

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nice.

Everyone here is Woofed up,as I'm sure you are hearing. Guy you/we know,stung (5) day before yesterday. All are on the prowl this weekend and things are FINALLY getting knocked back pretty good.

You ever need saws,bars,chains or any of that suff,shout...I know a guy..............(grin)

Brother Bill

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Paradise, Alaska
Nice.

Everyone here is Woofed up,as I'm sure you are hearing. Guy you/we know,stung (5) day before yesterday. All are on the prowl this weekend and things are FINALLY getting knocked back pretty good.

You ever need saws,bars,chains or any of that suff,shout...I know a guy..............(grin)

Been hearing a few stories, great to hear that. Hopefully there will be a few good back to back wolf seasons and you can turn the tide a bit!

(appreciate the offer!)

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
Really like the epoxy counter tops. Never done it but would like to have it done some day.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
This is a great thread. I read the updates on my phone first, and the "mill" is much scarier on a bigger screen.

You've got some very cool woodworking in here Bill! How did you cut the river channel for the pour?

We got a (mostly completed) cabin last winter. Nothing like this beast, but it has been fun. I should probably start a thread just to keep track of all the changes.

Brother Bill

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Paradise, Alaska
KT got a good deal on some live edge slabs last fall. I just cut one edge and flip the "live" edge to the middle. I've some pics of the process I'll try to hang when I get home. Its a bit of a pain, but kind fun after a few beers. Lots of vids out there and the epoxy is kind of expensive. Certainly not something to dive into if you are hoping to save money....ha ha.