data-csrf="1711626687,73a8f3a6484d7a19ab6594af7853f195" New Rangefinder..... | As Real As It Gets

New Rangefinder.....

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Them days are over...everything is sourced from everywhere.

Had the Sig's giving readings at 2633yds last hitch in tough atmospherics,while the Geovids sat on the sidelines crying.

NO fucking comparison,as the Sig is simply fucking incredible. I'll take the hit on glass,to gain the amazing LRF.........................

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
Well, I can't say you've steered me wrong or pointed me in the wrong direction. Just don't wanna make a 1K mistake.

As for Leica, wtf are they thinking? I'm hearing the ballistic software is shit compared to Applied Ballistics (Sig LRF/BRF). I dunno about their latest CRF but I know the others were capped as far as angle inclination and the software calcs for the dope.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
All Geovids are capped on inclination,which is a farce. The Sig is full auto,as in keep button depressed and it continually reads,so it will CHEW through atmospheric conditions. The fucking things are straight AMAZING. Plus it is smaller and lighter.

The NewYork Jews had the Sig in open box for $899...which would be tough to get burned on.

They are worth DOUBLE their price...........................

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Yes, Leica is dropping the ball bigtime. All of what you've said has got me more interested.

I've a call in to a buddy that's a dealer for Sig. He quoted me 1k for the 2400BDX kit which is running 1.5. So I'm awaiting the price on the 3kBRF.

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Any of you guys running the Kestrel + BDX setup? Seems a popular ticket around here in the PRS circles, but I haven't really had a good chance to try it out.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Coupla guys here ordered the 3000 BDX's,after I put bugs in their ears. Billy Bahroo ordered the demo's from The New York Jews and it showed up acting like a Baby Rattle. He sent them the video too and I'll be curious to see how they handle it.

The other set was purchased to frost a Kodiak Bear Tag...........................

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
That was a pretty good sale...I'm sure Sig will handle it, although I'm not sure about Doug...

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Only thing I'm not digging is the size of the binos. I've grown fond of running the 8x20BCA binos. I just don't like big glass around my neck.

Actually I'd like to down size my current 1200LRF Leicas. I had mentioned in another thread that bowhunting is most what I do these days. If I do pick a rifle up I'm shooting 300 yds which no rangefinder is needed.

So which Kilo fits my needs? Or any others?

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Only thing I'm not digging is the size of the binos. I've grown fond of running the 8x20BCA binos. I just don't like big glass around my neck.

Actually I'd like to down size my current 1200LRF Leicas. I had mentioned in another thread that bowhunting is most what I do these days. If I do pick a rifle up I'm shooting 300 yds which no rangefinder is needed.

So which Kilo fits my needs? Or any others?
I've had the same thought of selling my Leica's to move to the new Sig 3000. By all accounts, it seems to be excellent all around.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Yes, I've been going around and around with this. I just figured to maybe pick up a compact rangefinder solely for bowhunting then when I plan my next Rifle hunting gig I'll pick up a pair of the 3000's.

A compact CRF and the 8x20's are damn near perfect for bowhunting. But the CRF I'm looking for doesn't need all the useless ballistic crap but a red LED like the Leica.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I'm still running the Kilo 2K. Love it, and its a bargain for what it is. Full auto mode on the sig is the only way to fly, and battery life is amazing considering how many frickin' lazers I've shot at things. The glass sucks, but its for eating, not lookin' through.

Hard to combine binos and rangefinder when rangefinders change so fast, though it would be more convenient.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Yes, drawing a bow with bigger binos around the neck isn't my thing. The Leica 1200LRF is a big unit size wise. Doesn't fit into a small or shirt pocket. So I was aggravated long enuff......grin...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The Kilo 2K's are fucking KILLER and handy sized.

But not even in the 3000 BDX's league............................

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I hesitate to type this because I'm pretty sure I know what I'll hear, but has anyone used the Vortex Fury 5000 HD?

I've seen a ton of positive posts about it, with several saying they could range to damn near 5000 yards...

I'm all for cool toys and all, but in reality, I'm not sure that even if it does actually perform like several have said, that I can find a use for it...

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Got my kilo1800 and like it so far. Quick and reads a black object way better than the Leica 1200LRF.

As far as Vortex, a buddy bought one of their CRF'S and it couldn't range a black bear at a 3D shoot if I remember right.

As Stick said, Sig is the way to go. My buddy who does a lot of LR shooting and owns his own gun building shop says Sig is it. As far as shit we civilians can buy....grin....

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Sig to their great credit,didn't even blink and the NIB replacement beat him home.

No surprises there,or anywhere else....................

A

AldenSef

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
K

KeganSmaH

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
R

Rogerthalt

• Deleted by cwh
Show…