data-csrf="1711623740,dcd854c5d2945eb946320fbbd43a2f52" New rut ride...... | As Real As It Gets

New rut ride......

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Damn... you're going to have fun knocking the paint off that!

I kinda want one of those for any time I'm not towing heavy shit, but they are not giving them away.

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
Absolutely bullet proof...I went from Toyota -> Nissan -> Chevy 2500. Wished I had stayed with Toyota trucks. Wife has had two Highlanders and they were/are tough...I'm still driving the '02 Highlander with 150K miles as a daily commuter with nary a problem.

Brother Bill

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Paradise, Alaska
Ahhh, gotchya. You know, I'm not too sure?! I know that it has a 3" suspension lift and the rims are not factory, it had bigger tires on it that they swapped out for these (brand new rubber now)....

It is actually a used 2011 (9k miles). Funny thing, I started out looking for a 2000-2002 double cab, hoping to cap my budget at around 15K.

Never thought when I woke up this morning I was going to better than double that!!

clark98ut

Jun 3, 2008
Liberty Hill, TX
You'll love it. I've got an 04 4Runner that's basically the same thing except with an enclosed bed, and it's been a great truck. The original battery just took a dump on it after almost 8 years. I've got right at 110k on it, and it's going strong. I do want to do the lift thing at some point. Mine has been great in the mud. Of course it seems like an eternity since I've seen mud as somebody apparently moved Austin to the desert. In fact, we just tied the record for the most days over 100 at 69 so far this year. And we're still going...probably break the record by 10 or more days.

Chris

Nov 20, 2007
Between the Mtns and the Plateau
Nice truck!

Hell, it has $1000 in tires on it. The only thing that might hamper you is the bed in it. My Titan has like a 5 foot bed on it and its tough sometimes to haul everything you might need if you're going somewhere.

Junior

Dec 29, 2009
Desert Empire
Nice ride!
Wrenched on Toyotas 11 years,and their luxury counterpart for the last 14, must say, they are the benchmark in reliability.

Lawdwaz

Nov 25, 2008
I got a similar truck (4x4 DBL Cab, LB SR5) a couple months ago. Great truck for sure but "different" enough that it takes a little time to get used to. My previous ride was an 02 Silverado Xcab, Z71. I've got about 3200 miles on the Tacoma and I'm really enjoying it.

You going to put a cap on it or go without? I went with an ARE Z Series cap and had it installed a couple weeks ago. Looks good and makes it much more usable for my purposes.

Lawdwaz

Nov 25, 2008
Painless said:
Brother Bill said:
Can't wait to spill the first cup of coffee in her...

I can't wait to drop a half full spitter of Tennessee Lip Acid jucie in it.....grin
I don't know about TLAJ but blood cleans up pretty easy on the arm rest! A friend got in when the fuckin' thing was barely out of the showroom with a gash on his forearm and left me with a mess that cleaned up pretty much completely.

Chew away Blake..................

kenaislayer

Nov 17, 2007
Damn,
That's a little nicer than the Honda! You guys amaze me. I bought some new Impertech for the rut.

You buy a new truck!

Good lookin rig.

donovan

Dec 30, 2008
lawton,oklahoma
that will serve you well mine had 169000 on it , i traded this year , miss it sometimes, had the same lift and i let MR.BUDLIGHT drive the hell outta of it , one left front wheel bearing and front brakes is all ever did to besides maint. and that was at 132000

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Dug mine out multiple times today,with my Russian Fightin' Shovel.

Was fucking near "concerned" a couple/few times.................(grin)

Brother Bill

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Paradise, Alaska
Ah hell Blake, you shoulda seen us last time home trying to get the Whisky River up the boat launch at the house, after a good snow then a deep freeze.

Four low, to the fucking floor all the way up. She was redlined and shaking all the way up the hill.

She made it though!! (was a little stinky by the time I got to the top though)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I was in 4-low with the Locker depressed with 90psi of angst.

Fucking near weren't enough and I never even scratched the surface on where I was hoping to go........................

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Not as fancy as the others, but my rut ride. The price was right (free) and it runs like a top. Launched around 5 times out of that hell hole call Naukati this summer. I was worried a few times retrieving on the low tide but it always yanked the boat back out. Was kinda hoping to use that big ass winch on the front.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
While "hold 'er wide and hope to slide" has long been my Motto...it does a guy NO favors in rotten snow that is knee deep and pre-ordained in it's ruttitude,much akin to Choo-Choo Tracks.

ALL you wanna do,is find a place to spin the fuck around...which is folly to muse that it'll happen....................(grin)

Painless

Administrator
Brother Bill said:
Ah hell Blake, you shoulda seen us last time home trying to get the Whisky River up the boat launch at the house, after a good snow then a deep freeze.

Four low, to the fucking floor all the way up. She was redlined and shaking all the way up the hill.

She made it though!! (was a little stinky by the time I got to the top though)
Would of liked to have seen that.....grin

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
You only get one pitch,or you are HungChow for months.

Our "snow" is different than most,as there ain't no fluff and it's full of stuff. I'd liken it akin to shoveling lead shot.

Rotten sopping snow,that weighs like wet cement,will get your priorities oriented and real fucking quick.................(grin)

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Big Stick said:
While "hold 'er wide and hope to slide" has long been my Motto...it does a guy NO favors in rotten snow that is knee deep and pre-ordained in it's ruttitude,much akin to Choo-Choo Tracks.

ALL you wanna do,is find a place to spin the fuck around...which is folly to muse that it'll happen....................(grin)
Dug myself out with a shed antler once. Have had my ass handed to me more than a few trying to flip a bitch.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Think it was 2 Springs ago,that I dug myself out with my coffee cup.

Shot the day in the ass....................(grin)

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Did the same with a new plastic one given to me few hours earlier, up around Keno a year ago. Dug out the rears enough to get some chains on. Thought I get over a pass but rethought my initiative a quarter mile to late.

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Big Stick said:
It'd mean just that much longer of a walk home,for me.

I know better...................
Chickenshit..........(grin)

Difference is that where you live, it's always downhill to get home...... Some of us ain't in the same boat. Without chains and a heavy foot, I'd still be hunting deer right now from my travel trailer......(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Where I live,the snow is always sopping and behaves in a manner that must be seen to be appreciated.

The topography fucks folks up too..................(grin)

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Yeah, seems the better the winch, shovel, pick, chain saw and chains I have with me the worse I've been stuck. Thinking the pattern should be in pretty plain sight....

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Watched a couple team mates bury a 29000 lbs mrap. The incoming mortars and rpg added to the urgency of getting the thing out. Dumass Portlanders don't have a clue.

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Being the johnny on the spot that I usually am, I was busy ripping the electronic guts out of it and last to abandon. Ended up in the back of a Canadian LAV ran buy a female Infantry LT. First i'd ever seen and right glad to be there.

wolfman

Mar 25, 2009
NB, Canuckistan
Rogue said:
Being the johnny on the spot that I usually am, I was busy ripping the electronic guts out of it and last to abandon. Ended up in the back of a Canadian LAV ran buy a female Infantry LT. First i'd ever seen and right glad to be there.
She probably learned to drive in my neck of the woods at CFB Gagetown. Then again, LT's don't normally drive- things musta gotten pretty sporty!