data-csrf="1714057572,d70fe563155ffd7e9b1db1b0789b7cbf" New Sig Kilo - Any reports? | As Real As It Gets

New Sig Kilo - Any reports?

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Mine is struggling to range grain bins at 600 yards in clear weather. Not impressed.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The Sig’s ability to chew through unfriendly atmosphere,is simply fucking incredible.

Hit the crown if a Rig at 3717yds and my Geovids wouldn’t have made 50yds........

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Been using the 6K sigs some and so far am liking them
Glass is better than expected
Was able to range a rock yesterday at 3200 yards freehand

Just went to the fuel dock,to get the stock back from Junior,which I loaned him,as he awaited the replacement for the one he broke. I hit the beach between your house and mine and got 4431yds in this overcast/foggy/rain. Then handed them to Uncle Kyle and he amazed himself,so he's gonna order.

They are fucking incredible...............

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Is the rubber armor covering your emitter?.........
No; I wish there was! I'm awaiting a call from Sig CS, who want to make sure I'm not an idiot before swapping them. Definitely want a fresh one, since the size and optics are just right.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Cute kid; he's already a great shot! [Did he need to cut that deer in half to pack it out?]

SnowshoeWalker

Oct 1, 2018
Alaska
Gotta admit, these little 8 power binos are impressive. Crazy fast ranging out to 3900 yards. Dope is spot on out to the 800 yards. Clarity and FOV is superb. Best $799 I've spent in a long time

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
After my first was junk right out of the box, CL did nothing except speak nicely and send me to Sig. Sig sent an RMA, two weeks later the new one arrived. They replaced mine with no hesitation (and one shipping error). The new one works. Optics are great for what is essentially a non-premium bino, and the RF now works as others have experienced. No idea on the BT/app connection, I doubt I'll ever use it. One minor detail - the tension screw for the hinge dropped out of the new ones during shipment. I reassembled with a drop of blue Loctite. Might be worth checking.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
FYI, for what it's worth. A friend of mine had his older Sig's rangefinding binos stop working during a match. Sig told him they only warranty the electronics for 5 years...from the date of manufacture, not the date of purchase, so his was out of warranty.

He'd only purchased them 2 years prior on closeout at Cabela's.

He gave the Sig's a bath in a bucket for a week or so and then sent them in. Sig replaced them since they clearly had a leaking issue...grin

Reactions: Calvin

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
I had a rangefinder that got "dropped" and was replaced as well. The electronics may or may not have had an issue prior to that. The kid on the phone was relieved when I told them it was damaged, not malfunctioning. He clearly had some arguments with customers in the past.

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I pulled the trigger on a pair of 6Ks while the NY jews have them on sale.

Looking forward to giving them a go

Reactions: Joshf303

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Wish I would have known.

Doug said they would have them shipped out next week so no big deal.

This will be my first pair of RF binos and I have high hopes on the convenience front.

myname

Feb 21, 2009
WI
Do these have angle comp that would work for bowhunting like the non-bino rangefinder has?

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I've been using these for close to a month. The rangefinder is insanely good. I'm definitely gonna hang on to them but the blue tint to the glass is pissing me off.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Since my good one arrived I've been using it hard - more than I ever did the old LRF. The combo is the right answer for sure. I've decided that the binocular is good enough, and just try to ignore the tint.
For optical comparison, I'm still using the Pentax 8x42 I bought over 20 years ago. I got an unusually good one - they give up nothing to the Swarovski a friend's gear-whore brother has. But they don't have a laser so they're staying home. The K3000 I fondled wasn't any better optically than this newer, smaller unit.

InessaoaPr

Jan 20, 2023
  • Deleted by cwh
Show…