data-csrf="1711618934,a691d27305de2a11ba9bf3b77fc6af5b" New Site Issues | As Real As It Gets

New Site Issues

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
If you are seeing any problems (and for some reason can't log in or post) email me:

Jeremy.Henage@gmail.com

If you are seeing 'invalid credentials' or 'bad password'.... you need to request a password reset. Those couldn't be carried over from the move, so you will have to reset the password the first time through.

To do a password reset, hit the "Forgot my password" link at the login screen:

If you don't remember the email address associated with your account... you're screwed. Shoot me a message with your old account, and your new email address.

Last edited:

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Any way to break the huge threads into pages?
For example the SWFA FF thread. Those big ones take a while to load.

Only thing I’ve noticed so far while browsing around this morning.

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Unfortunately not. Casualty of the move. Those big threads we probably will need to just lock (no future posts), and continue them anew. New multi-page threads will work as expected (IE, normally), but there really isn't a way for those large multi-page threads to be broken up (completely different way that the new software handles pages & URLS).

It sucks.. I wasn't happy about it either but I just don't really see an alternative.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I had to wait 3600 seconds or some shit to Register...or were you fucking with me?................
Could have been a little of each.

First I'm hearing of the 3600 seconds, but that could be because you tried to log in with your old password too many times. I "approved" something for you, but I have no idea what.

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
I didn’t think y’all were going to let me back in the club for a minute there.

Couldn’t get old stuff to work so just made a new account.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
You were Nail before right? Man, I hope so... :)

I merged your users, so you should be able to find all your old posts. I know, you were losing sleep over that.

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
You were Nail before right? Man, I hope so... :)

I merged your users, so you should be able to find all your old posts. I know, you were losing sleep over that.

Yes sir... although I couldn't remember at first. I've been a bit of a stranger with other stuff going on.
Thanks for getting me fixed up.

I

I'm Brother Bill

Still can't do shit...it had me logged in, but can't see anything. Tells me "oops ran into problems. you do not have permissions to view this page or perform this action."

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Hey Brother Bill - Think I fixed things... looks like secondary permissions hadn't been set up with Admins? Try again and see if anything is changed.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Good to have you back gbp.

I noticed that we were getting a bunch of spam posts, because unregistered users are allowed to post. I don't know wtf that even means, but I turned off the ability for them to post. Then I couldn't post, because I was also somehow also in the "unregistered users" group. So I removed myself, and I can post again.

I see that J-Hon and Painless are both also in that group. I can't remove them without resetting their passwords... so if you guys see this, go into Admin, users, find yourself, and remove yourself from that group. This is like the 3rd stupidest thing I've seen today.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
On my Apple phone the map image compresses down and the forum index (?) then appears in a black bar below the map.
Vertical it displays the forum your in on the map image.

Doesn’t seem to be overlapping stuff.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
(Just kidding)
I understand what the issue is, just have no idea how to fix it.

In vertical/portrait mode, you get the mobile version of the site. It is optimized for a tiny screen. In horizontal/landscape mode, you are getting the "full" version of the site, which has a huge/fixed image at the top that makes it horrible. I'm sure there is a way to scale it, but I have no idea what that is.