data-csrf="1711663814,4fd900b4ac56c5b11cd7eb7071da4141" New toy | As Real As It Gets

New toy

Armed Ferret

Dec 18, 2007
Maryland, wishing it was TX
Yeah, but the joke's on them. I got a transfusion so it ain't all my DNA...and I never plan on having kids.

Suckers. (grin)

here's a much better photo:

hangunnr--not so much lost a bet as it's what I deployed with to Afghanistan, so I'm familiar with the platform and comfortable with it.

plus i needed something i could beat the shit out of and not feel bad, and at $405 out the door brand fuckin new with 3 15-round mags, it's kinda hard to pass up.

Springer loaded 1911 (or range officer model, haven't finger-fucked that one yet) is next on the list.

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
I can dig Glocks. The logistics are impossible to beat. Last one I had was a 17 with the grip chopped down to a 19 length. It was pretty cool from a utilitarian standpoint.

I ran Heinie's that were opened up in the rear, and narrowed in the front. Really liked the sight picture. Got them from GlockWorx.

clark98ut

Jun 3, 2008
Liberty Hill, TX
One thing I'll say about Glock is they look after the military/police/first responders guys. My brother is a Fire Fighter, so I get the discount by default. We've got a local store, just blocks from where I work, that carries a ton of military/law enforcement stuff, especially Glocks. I'd love to know how many those guys sell in a year! http://www.gtdist.com

Armed Ferret

Dec 18, 2007
Maryland, wishing it was TX
Yup, the discount is insanely good.

Not AS good in MD (thanks to MSP and their stupid mandatory wait/background check/associated fees), but still way better than anything else that's for damned sure.

Now, if King O'Malley would just let us own Gen 4's....asshole.

Band

Jan 9, 2010
Love my G17..I've got plenty 33 round mags stashed away for it too..Not very fun to load, but kinda fun to unload.

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
That's my favorite of the group. I'm on my second G19 with a G26 for just in case.

They don't come no tougher.