data-csrf="1713291411,027895b29c97ad704da13a9acf19d2a1" New Truck | As Real As It Gets

New Truck

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
Well, new to me anyway...I've had it for a month now but just recently got new shoes and front end leveled. Went with a slightly taller/way more aggressive AT tire.

This is my first blue oval truck. Like it pretty good so far but that ain't saying a whole bunch for no longer than I've had it.

Had the Taco for damn near 12 years, still ran perfectly, but I wanted more room for the growing kids.

2012 F150 Ecoboost

Now

Before

remsen

Dec 9, 2007
Danville, CA
Nice truck. What do you think about the turbo 6 so far? I have an 09 F150 with the old 5.4 and I know that things are moving towards the turbo 6 and the V8s seem to be getting scarce for new models. One of these days I'll have to replace my truck and I'm a bit unsure of a smaller turbo.

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
First you should know that I drove a 4cyl for the last 12 years, so there's that to consider. But so far I really like it.

Now I was at the mercy of what I could afford and this was the only one in my price range that the dealer had, so I wasn't able to do multiple test drives to compare different engines/models.

Went across the street for supper after the test drive and saw a guy getting out of an ecoboost and I asked him his opinion. He said he loved his and he wouldn't go back to the V8. And he was speaking purely from a performance standpoint, said the gas mileage for him vs the V8 was a wash. Don't know the guy from Adam but that was enough for me to take the plunge. As far as longevity goes, only time will tell. I think the '13+ models are supposed to be improved over the original ecoboost offering.

Let a pard who owns the same truck as yours get behind the wheel and he seemed impressed too and he's the type who looks for a weakness so he can talk shit about it. He's got a gift for it....grin

mkoeh475

Dec 24, 2007
Wisconcsin
Very nice lariat! I've got an xlt with the 5.0. I'm very curious to see what the 2015 is rated at for mpg for all motors and power on the the 2.7 Eco boost.

In my family we've got 5 f150s from 2011 on up. Absolutely no problems yet. My parents hadn't owned a truck for over 25 years but as soon as they got one they got another. So I think you'll be very pleased with yours. You see any change in fuel economy after the level? Which looks great by the way.

The wife's Taurus has a 3.5 Eco boost in it and I like the engine so far. Still wish it had a v8 for the sound. But the motor sure is good. Seemed like the cold winter we had made more of an impact on the turbos fuel economy though.

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
Can't give a proper comparison on fuel economy as the programming is for the OE 275/55's, though I'm sure the leveling creates more drag and the larger tire will have an effect on MPG's as well.

I was going to check out the same truck,but with the 5.0, in Grenada but softball practices forced me to put it off and make the trip that evening to Collierville instead. I imagine I would have been content with either but this one was too clean to not make an offer on.

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
Ready Lift 1-1/2"...This one. Didn't completely level it, left 3/4" rake rear wheel opening to same spot up front, which is more or less what I was shooting for.

FYI, the measured factory rake pre level/tire install was 2-1/2". So my setup actual gave me 1-3/4" of lift. Don't know if there was some weight transfer or some other variables involved that gave me the extra 1/4" but it's something to keep in mind when choosing.

badger

Jun 22, 2008
Ga
Looks good in white. Starting to rethink my color choice, especially with all the damn pollen.....

About 6 weeks old and 3k miles later.......

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
Told myself I wanted ANY color besides white. Not that it doesn't look good, there are just so damn many white trucks in these parts. But I had a change of heart, obviously....grin

mkoeh475

Dec 24, 2007
Wisconcsin
I've got tuxedo black and love it when it's clean, but that doesn't last for long. How much light do those LEDs put off badger?

badger

Jun 22, 2008
Ga
mkoeh475 said:
I've got tuxedo black and love it when it's clean, but that doesn't last for long. How much light do those LEDs put off badger?
7200 lumens each. They kick ass, but they should for over 7 Benjamins apiece. ARB Intensity. There's a YouTube video on 'em that's pretty accurate.