data-csrf="1711622906,9b0c706d855f353ecda2ef1fb4eb8092" Note to self re: removing a glue in action | As Real As It Gets

Note to self re: removing a glue in action

Al Nyhus

Dec 30, 2008
1: Don't do it wearing shorts
2: Don't let the action touch your leg when it comes out
3: Follow rules #1 and #2

When I was making bullets, I thought about getting a tattoo of a bullet on my right arm. Never got that, but now I've got 'Stolle Panda' along with the serial number branded on my right leg.

The Universe has a weird sense of humor......

Last edited:
Reactions: dznnf7

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Kid that worked for me last summer failed to follow instructions on a laser etcher, now has a 2D QR code describing a car part on his forearm. Bet he won't do it again, but it made me think in the tattoo world I could make some money with the idea.

Reactions: Al Nyhus

Al Nyhus

Dec 30, 2008
I should add that the forward 1/2 of the action wasn't bonded to the epoxy at all. When you consider the trigger cut out, there was less than 1/3 of the action contact surface actually 'glued in'.

That's going to be fixed, today. ;) -Al

Al Nyhus

Dec 30, 2008
Got it finished except for the final clean up, JB'ing the lug, LocTiting the screws and filling the counter bored holes for the cap screws with JB Weld. Here's some pics for anyone interested in the process.

I'll add that if you haven't used a fluted bottoming tap like the ones Sandvik Coromant makes on aluminum, you should. :cool:

Good shootin'. -Al