data-csrf="1714255595,eb31c3ce214e8d42e0fdffcb7198a3a2" On another note | As Real As It Gets

On another note

Steelhead

Nov 17, 2007
Here
I wouldn't have met any of you fools if it weren't for the 'Fire. Have met a bunch of you in person and spent some good times together, even learned about spinning turrets, how to NOT bed a rifle, and how to leave a good drunk 'BITCH' message.

Can't like the idiots that have taken it over but I'm glad I met you boys, mostly...........

Jamie

Nov 17, 2007
Oly. WA
The only reason I havent shitcanned my account over there is becuse of a few good guys that I met are posting over there. I cant stand to read most of the posts there anymore, Hvent read a post in the general campfire section in a long time. If it wasnt for you gus in Paradise posting on the fire, I might have never found my way up there.

Jammie

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
Pretty much my sentiment too Steelie. I still haunt the 'Fire out of habbit, and because I chat by PM with some pards there.

It's grown a lot, but changed even more-----for the worse. Stick's leaving was big turning point both because his wit and wisdom was gone, AND because he can unleash wrath on the DSMFs better than anyone, and kinda kept the floor clear.

As the brains leave, the void is being filled by Field & Stream readers and neurotic know-it-alls.

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
I have to agree with Steely on this one 100%. I still have an account over there but have quit reading or posting for the most part.
The place has gone down alot over the years....

Painless

Administrator
The way I see it Stick made that forum a success. His wit and wisdom as someone put it turned a lot of guys onto the fire. When Rick banned him that was it for me. You dance with the one that brung ya is the way it should be. There were a lot of other guys that were instrumental in the fires success but none more than Stick. We have a great group of guys here and I think (read hope) that this place will last a very long time......Blake

jds44

Nov 18, 2007
East of pullit, West of Painless
Dang, I go to bed for the night and this place turns into a girlie love fest... :grin:

I will say I completely agree with the sentiment though. I've met pullit and Painless through the Fire and hope to venture to Paradise one of these days to meet the AK crew.