data-csrf="1714306835,98061a49fec649f7f2e953197b731e48" Our young ones and guns | As Real As It Gets

Our young ones and guns

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Thought with all the crew around here we could get some good pics of our kids and some of their first critters or trips to the range.

This was Easter at my dad's place with my oldest son Augustus who turned 5 in August. He's using the same 62A Winchester that I shot my first rounds at 3 with.....Pretty damned proud to say the least.

I saved the first shell casings and I'm going to hot glue them to the frame this picture is going in.

This is a picture of my old man that same day soaking up the Central Oregon sun on his property.....probably my favorite of him in a camera.

AKPredator

Nov 18, 2007
Fairbanks
Cool pics. My daughter didn't like the pink one, so we are going back to the gun shop to pick out a .22 for her. That looks exactly like the one I just about bought her, I think it was called a cricket.

She's six now, and hopefully we'll get some shooting in during December and go find a grouse or a hare to let her plink at.

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Here's a couple of pics of my niece with her new pink lightning.......

Little girl is gonna be a heartbreaker and heart shooter..... :grin:

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Actually, that's my new brother-in-law who's getting her started, but I'm leading him down the path of finer firearms and education in rifles that extend pass Wally World. :grin:

So far he's been pretty receptive and having in-laws that you like, not to mention hunt and fish with ain't all bad.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I wish I could snap my fingers and have every 22lr empty I've ever shot,collected into a single pile.

That would be cool................

Mac84

Nov 20, 2007
I'm kicking myself in the ass. Had my oldest out at the end of summer for the family shoot. His first 3 shots with a 410 and I tossed the shells and didn't even take a frikken pic. Damn!

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Big Stick said:
I wish I could snap my fingers and have every 22lr empty I've ever shot,collected into a single pile.

That would be cool................
If you're like me, we'd best be outside when the finger snapping commenced. That'd be a pile.

Every Christmas I can remember as a kid was a guaranteed 500 rounds of 22 under the tree and 100 or more in the stocking.

I washed cars for a $1.00 a piece and split firewood all weekend to save up money for 22 ammo. Shot about a 1,000 rounds a weekend every weekend for years.

Our driveway looked like it was paved with gold and my folks had the cleanest cars in the county.

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Big Stick said:
The saved casings...is such a great idea...............
Can you beleive it was this pretty lady who suggested it?

Life is good.