data-csrf="1711688842,4ef9fb51d21f2c32aa9aa2d462a22517" Paper tuning and blazer vanes | As Real As It Gets

Paper tuning and blazer vanes

Witt

Dec 30, 2009
NE
Cable went bad on my primary bow, so I broke out the older one. Never paper tuned it since I had the folks at Cabela's put on the new whisker biscuit and square it up earlier this year, and never shot the blazers through it either.

So, figured I'd do a paper tune. I just cut out the middle of a box and taped a piece of paper over the hole. Got a sloppy mark, adjusted appropriately, and shot again. One more after that and I hit the cardboard. And hitting the cardboard gave a way clearer picture of how the arrow was flying. I think from now on I'll just scrape out some 'beef' on the inside of the cardboard and shoot through the box for starters. Just a tip...

The blazers are proving themselves a tough vane. I haven't gotten any wrinkles or waves from shooting 'em through the whisker biscuit. The wind hasn't stopped blowing since I got them to try, so I can't speak much about group size (I'm not a good shot in 10-20mph winds).

Witt

Dec 30, 2009
NE
Been running standard 4" against the blazers to 60 yards. No difference, though I shoot mechanical NAP spitfires which fly with ease. Iffin twisters do the same, I think I'll doink them; they'd be the best bang for the buck.