data-csrf="1714404517,c0a04c832545249eb77d3d4635a08118" Photobucket vs. YouTube................. | As Real As It Gets

Photobucket vs. YouTube.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Awright,get me knowed up on which is better/faster,for video uploads?

Remember I'm on Flintstone dialup,but if there's an inherent edge either way,I'll take that plunge.

I've miles of killer shit to cypher..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Am 15 minutes or better into a 63.8 MB (19 second) clip on 'Bucket and am dubious of it actually working,as it shows but 1% loaded thus far.

It is kicking my ass...................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
2% now and it's just a Big Buck getting sluiced in the sunshine.

Only said "fuck" once.....................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
6% now.

Made a YouTube account and am gonna pull the plug on the 'Bucket download and see if I can shade that time................

armst

Nov 18, 2007
Pop;s buck?????

little man and I are up checking out the net.....

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Pop's Buck will get loaded after I figure out HOW to do it.

My server simply won't allow me to load the modest 19 second clip of one of my Bucks and that's nearly frustrating.

Will make a few calls today,to see if I can hop shit up.

I'm rolled to days finally,slept until nearly 4:00AM...so am back to normal........................

armst

Nov 18, 2007
I am at the 4 am wake up as well....

weather appears to have broke so a range trip this afternoon is the plan if mommy gets all her shit together.....

MontanaMarine

Nov 17, 2007
Canyon Ferry, MT
I tried loading a short vid to 'bucket, via dialup. Same experience.

After about 30 minutes I got the "1% complete" indicator, and said ahhhhh fuck it.

The vid was just some low-grade shit too, shot with the Canon S400.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I remember breaking Sister in at the range,when she was freshly outta the egg. Was checking 100yd targets and heard her cry and thunk that odd...as she never did/do cry,unless there was something major going on.

I looked over my shoulder and to my horror,saw her face planted on the ground,still strapped to the car seat and eating rocks.

It ranks up there with the shittiest feelings in my Life.

Got the rocks dug out,righted her and all was well. Might could be how/where she got the can of tough from.

It was a fair to middlin' day and I had left my truck's door open,so she could see me and I could talk to her,as I banged away at the bench. Mommy was impressed,when I finked myself out,but she impresses easily(grin).

Perhaps it was subliminal revenge,when she opened the door on the dude and he fell headfirst to the pavement,as Mommy watched through her store window.

That one didn't get me any points either,but I reckon he'll pull wool with the scar....................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Will try and throw money at the problem today and see how far that gets me.

I remain dubious.....................

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Stick, I think your biggest slow down is the size of your file; 60+ Mb is a big file.....for a mere 19 seconds of video. You need to look at getting some software to shrink that video clip to a managable size.

For example, the fishing video I posted is only about an 8 MB file, which is much easier to push through a phone line. I took the full-sized file (750MB) and opened it in Quicktime Pro, and exported it to a smaller resolution Quicktime file. I drive a Mac; the theory is the same, but the players will be different on the PC side of things. There should be some software out there that will allow you to convert between different types of video formats and adjust the quality along the way. The lower the quality of the video (smaller size, fewer frames per second), the smaller the file. You're trading quality for speed, which over the Internet is a good thing.

As far as YouTube vs. Photobucket.....
Photobucket limits my video clips to 5 minutes, regardless of the file size. If I would like to upgrade, and fork over $25, then I can post longer videos on Photobucket. This doesn't make me real giddy.

For those YouTubers, are you limited to the length of your videos on a free account?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've the Ninja 'Bucket cash upgrade...but the rest is Greek to me.

Would suck heavy ass,to lose the ability to watch the bullet fly through the air enroute to shit......................

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I could never go back to dial-up. I had to use it at the in-laws house over Christmas, and it about drove me nuts.

Are there any high-speed internet service providers in your neck of the woods? I suppose not, or you'd have it already, right? :)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Upgrades are coming,though slowly and I'll call here directly to see WTF current status is...................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Momma was "impressed" with the name he granted his Pinewood Derby entry(The Bitch Bastard Motherfucker). I didn't help by thinking it funny.

Is $199.95 a month steep for Internet connection? I'm so far outta the loop,that I haven't a clue.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Downloaded the trialware and took multiple stabs at "conversion",but can't know WTF I want to convert it to,as far as "profile" options? MPEG sounded good to me,but I get audio less video,after compression.

Learn me up on this shit......................

Paul H

Nov 19, 2007
Alaska
Visit site
Big Stick said:
Momma was "impressed" with the name he granted his Pinewood Derby entry(The Bitch Bastard Motherfucker). I didn't help by thinking it funny.

Is $199.95 a month steep for Internet connection? I'm so far outta the loop,that I haven't a clue.................
My oldest boy was at a soccer game and I couldn't get his input on what he wanted to name this years car. Since it was wedge shaped, I figured he'd be proud to call it the atomic wedgie. He was quite tickled with the name, and someone commented with a name like that it better be fast. 2nd overall for the pack weren't bad, other boy got top honors, and the one I ran in the sibling devision was fastest of all.

For some reason they didn't send out the rules this year, and there were a few more restrictions added that I was unawares of. The tech folks didn't seem to read too deeply, we weren't bested for the two items I noted that could of got us.

One car was dq'd as they turned down the od of the wheels so that there was just a small rib of plastic for the wheel to run on. My tact has been to put the wheels on the lathe and hog out plastic from the inside, and just take a light cut on the od to true them up. Light wheels definately spin up faster. Also slightly coning the inside surface of the wheel reduces friction against the side of the car.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Most of the video clips you download are either in ".mpg", ".wmv", or ".mov" format. Not being completely versed in PC media speak, I'd start there. Try to export your video to one of these file formats.

As far as choosing resolution settings, a couple I'd look at include frame rate, display size, and bit transfer rate. Full quality video has a frame rate of 30 frames per second; reduced quality is usually 15-20fps. A common display size for internet work is 320Ă—240 pixels, which is what you find on YouTube. Sometimes a program will allow you to choose a desired data transfer rate, and it will fill in the rest of the settings for you. A setting of 300 kbits/sec or lower should get you decent playback in a fairly compact package for internet use.

Audio usually takes much less "space" to have a decent quality. Audio settings in the 24 kbits/sec range should be fine for movie sound.

Let me know how it goes....

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Oh, and a 300 kbits/per second data rate will still be way too fast for you to view on a dial up connection. Have someone with a faster internet connection verify that it's working correctly, after you push it to PhotoBucket.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'll await KT or one of the boys to take pity on my monkey ass and figure this shit out.

May be a trendsetter yet again,with a full compilation of Fishing/Hunting sounds..................(grin)

Spike

Nov 18, 2007
Laughing my ass off, you're one-in-a-milliion Stick.

Welcome home!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Always nice to be home.

Now that I sorta have some shit figured out,I can bore with a million clips you've never seen...................

Spike

Nov 18, 2007
Prefer "being there" laughing my ass off next to you.....but bitchtube is a close second.

Get to uploading....

Spike

Nov 18, 2007
We were talking about taking a drive North this summer for a road trip and bringing all the toys. Got any trout ponds for the boys? :)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Oh Jeeezus,that'd be sweet.

Though it'd make 'em cry,having to go home.

Just make the move and quit fucking around...............

Spike

Nov 18, 2007
How you uploading these vids? Get some new doohicky thingamabob hooked up to the puter and vidcamera? I've got to get in this game, too.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Direct cable link from camera to USB and Windows Movie Maker for the chopping block.

Will hit the Jug Store,get my mind right,then try to find the footage of The HOG that numbnuts missed pointblank,while you were running the other camera.

That'll get the girls squealin'...................

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Where did you get the direct link cable to go from the cam to the USB???
That's what I need myself......

Going to pop some clay birds tomorrow and grabbing footage.....at little scattergun and pistol work is in store as well.

I've got a firewire cable that Dan in Alaska sent me, but no firewire hook-ups.....

Fucking turns out I've got video editing software on my work PC.....

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
I found it.....and that is the one....Gotta Sony with the mini-b hookup