data-csrf="1711645435,8a11e1241f91a337688dee6036db4b0f" Post up some Handgun pics | As Real As It Gets

Post up some Handgun pics

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Noticed that this subforum was fairly devoid of pistola pictures. I know a lot of you warship at the throne of the rifle, but surely everyone's got a favorite blaster or two.

Lately, I've been getting into action pistol shooting. Got rid of a bunch of worthless gucci-operator crap that I didn't shoot, and have pretty much been drinking the CZ Kool-Aid ever since. The CZ's are like a better BHP IMO:

Kadet (22lr) upper that I melted a FastFire in. Absolute shit-tons of fun:

Angus worked over PCR -

Stock 75SA and part of my production rig:

Heavily cut up Tactical Sport that I'm likely going to have to pursue legal action over to get back to me:

The best 1911 under $300 - CZ40B

Matt Mink stainless 75B converted to SAO:

Old production gun (new one is at the same place as the Tac Sport); Angus '75B Duo-Tone:

First CZ, a Matt Mink SP-01:

Three SA guns - Miossi gun on left, parts gun I did in the center, and Kadet on the right:

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Dude..I don't know shit about pistols, but some of those look like fun and I think I need one. Or, some...

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Your 22lr looks like lots of fun.

I don't know that I've ever shot a CZ pistol before... have a buddy that was into them, but he may be completely out by now, as he's a gun swapping fool.

Paul H

Nov 19, 2007
Alaska
Visit site
Didn't realiz CZ had a 1911 copy, nor did I know one could find a reasonably priced 1911. Hmm, might have to get one. A buddy had a star officers model, I was amazed at how well it shot. He was about 50% hitting an 8" plate at 75 yds, offhand!

I don't think I have any handgun pics, guess I'll have to fix that.

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Paul H said:
Didn't realiz CZ had a 1911 copy, nor did I know one could find a reasonably priced 1911. Hmm, might have to get one.
Well, it's not a "true" 1911. Colt contracted CZ to make them a gun that was built around the 40S&W, with a 1911 shape/feel, that they could sell to the LEO market. CZ did so, but then Colt and CZ fell apart more/less. Colt released a couple copies under the Z40 name, but then dropped them. CZ released them under the CZ40B name, and somehow CDNN got ahold of most of them and was blowing them out for like $275.

So basically it's a CZ75, that's feels a helluva lot like a 1911. Similar frame/ergos/feel/etc as a 1911, but with CZ guts (which is by no means a concession IMO; CZ triggers clean up to be amazing). It's actually a pretty cool gun, though I haven't even shot that one. I bought it as to make a cheap custom out of, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Buddy bought one with me, and his shoots lights out.

ThreadKiller, that's a cool Colt you have there (the custom comp). I haven't ever seen one of those before; it looks like a early racegun. Bet it shoots pretty well?

Jiffy

Jan 29, 2008
Nodak
Mine isn't as purdy but it does shoot and I don't think I could make it malfunction if I tried. Can't beat it for CCW in my opinion. I love the little thing!

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
That's the nicest collection of CZs I've yet to see. The ergos of a CZ75 are hard to beat.

I do have a couple pix I can post...

This is a XP100 in .223 Rem.

Here's my newly completed XP100R in .308 Win.

A Hammerli 208s

A German made Walther P22

A couple S&W revolvers

A double handful of bottom feeders

If I get energetic I'll pull out the rest of the XPs and maybe some T/C fodder..

hangunnr

Horse1

Dec 31, 2007
In the vicinity of dandihood
I just flat out SUCK with a handgun. I've an awful flinch that attempts to negate muzzle rise/flip. I know it's there, even with good sized 22's it's there. Gonna have to spend a summer ridding myself of that flinch, it's goddamned embarrasing!

There's also a Kimber TLE II and an XD that I don't have pics of.

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Ahhh, that S&W 41 and the Hammerli make me want some nicer 22's. I adore my Kadet kit, and it's proven to be a great training aid; it doesn't have near the class as those two guns though. I sold my 41 to fund some other purchases, and consider it one of the dumber things I've done.

Hangunnr, you've got some NICE pistols there. I'm assuming you are a big Bullseye guy? Tell me about some of your Bullseye rigs, and that steel gun. There's a Bullseye league opening local to me that I've thought about shooting in. Won't be competitive, but I figure it might help me work on my accuracy some.

My next pistol project is going to be an Open class CZ. I'm having a ton of fun with the dot, and would love to be able to shoot USPSA open and SC with the same platform as everything else.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia

Yep, I spent several years shooting NRA Conventional Pistol on a serious basis. In '95 I made the National Civilian Pistol Team finishing third in class at the Nationals at Camp Perry.

Pistol #1 is a very much worked over Colt Gold Cup 45. I used this gun as a test bed for different combinations. It currently has a Bar-Sto barrel installed which shoots very well.

Pistol #2 is a full custom Caspian Longslide 45. I had the slide milled down to where it weighs less than a standard 5" slide. It's strictly a wadcutter gun. There wasn't any expense spared in this bulid. It shoots the 185gr semi wadcutters into 1.5" at 50yds. It'll function with as little as 2.8gr Bullseye.

Pistol #3 is a Clark 38 Special long / heavy slide top end on a Colt frame. It's a way fun indoor gun but dosen't shoot quite as well at 50yds as the 45's.

Pistol #4 is a Bob Marvel .22 top end on a Essex frame. This frigging thing will out shoot the Hammerli at 50yds. This is the last build I did.

Pistol #5 is a Springfield Factory Comp in 38 Super. I literally shot the original comp off the barrel, it now wears a aftermarket offering. I won the Indiana State plate shoot with this gun back in '03. I'd love to see all the brass this thing has spit out in one pile...

I used to shoot quite abit of pistol comps but after a elbow injury at work it kinda took the competitive drive right out of me. I just can't bring myself to part with the hardware... :grin:

hangunnr

MontanaMarine

Nov 17, 2007
Canyon Ferry, MT
Quite a few others have passed through, but these are the ones I've kept. Probably all I'll ever need or want. Well, maybe a subcompact 9mm would be a worthy addition.

Ruger 22/45

Glock 9mm, 40SW, 45ACP

Ruger SBH 44Mag. Plussed it up a little with steel ejector rod housing, Belt Mtn locking cylinder pin, Bowen rear sight.

clark98ut

Jun 3, 2008
Liberty Hill, TX
One of my favorites...

I bought this one directly from Angus when they first hit the shores here in the US. I think I have one of the original 5-10 or so. Grips are Zeracote made by Hakan Pek of Norway (wife and I picked up the Zeracote wood block while on our honeymoon in Belize).

2muchgun

Nov 26, 2007
sittin' here drinkin' beer
I have a bunch of handguns, but the only 2 I have pics of are 2 of my favorites, as I like to stoke the wheelgun fire into a brilliant blaze........

480 SRH. Factory. 325gr @ 1500fps....

45 Sam Colt Bisley Blackhawk.
Action trigger job.
Wolff springs
Belt Mtn. Keith style base pin
Grafted pistacchio grips
One Ragged Hole sights

G

Hey we found another who likes the (.)

Good for you, you make larry proud......

bgold

Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
My dad's Supermatic Trophy is more of the same.

He keeps talking about selling it to fund something different, but I keep talking him out of it.

Some day I'm gonna pop over for a visit, and it will be gone. Mebbe I oughta buy it before that happens...

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
That HS IS pretty neat. I've always wanted to check one of those out.

Couple new CZ's:

After a year at a shady-fucking refinisher for a color change and a site install I was returned this:

Which eventually turned into this:

Also about done with my TS... Just need to black out the frame to keep that shit from rusting:

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
J-Hon said:
After a year at a shady-fucking refinisher for a color change and a site install I was returned this:
Holy fuck!!

I hope you beat that dude half to death.....twice.

It's simply amazing what kinda shit some guys will put out.

hangunnr

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Indeed, it is. I've met some of the better people I've known playing with guns, but I've also met some of the bigger snakes I've met.

That particular incident was a complete clusterfuck on sooooo many levels. Simply amazed that guys would still send parts and money his way, but they do, and get all pissy when I said something about it. Guy's a complete fucking hack.

To spare anyone the trouble, the person NOT to do business with would be Customized Creationz outta MI. You have been warned.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I got talked into buying a Victor. Missing the original sight rib, but has a rail and red-dot. After I got the sight adjusted, I quickly got bored of shooting paper, and found a golf ball at the range. Put that on the 50 yard berm, and it took me 12 shots to hit it. I think I like it.

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Working guns are the coolest

Just finally got this finished up and ran down, looking forward to beating it up:

Production gun is also in full swing, though the finish on it has proven to be almost as shitty as the guy who did it:

framis

Apr 27, 2009
Before the laser grips were installed. 300 gr hardcasts, 18 gr H110, bear country companion.

framis

Apr 27, 2009
Well "Big assed O" you can have your photographer take his own picture of it when (IF EVER) he shows up to photograph my ENTIRE collection. Now tell me again.... when is that going to happen, you liar sack of feces.

JLM

Aug 5, 2009
Ochoco said:
Yeah Walleye, that pic looks like something you took.
No shit. That's a stock photo if I ever saw one. No shadows at all, and shot on a white background. I didn't know you had a set of Novatron's and a softbox Lawrence :grin: Or a set of hotlights.

Plus its missing your awesome carpet.

Fail.....

kup

Nov 17, 2007
NW Indiana
You asked for a copy of my DL and I am waiting on a PM from you with your address so I can FedEx/UPS it to you.

STILL WAITING!
kup

framis

Apr 27, 2009
Kup. all you gotta do is PM it to me. When you meet the terms and conditions I'll tell you where to come with your Box Brownie.

Don't forget I need THE LIST too......

Stay warm.

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
framis said:
Well "Big assed O" you can have your photographer take his own picture of it when (IF EVER) he shows up to photograph my ENTIRE collection. Now tell me again.... when is that going to happen, you liar sack of feces.
Your "entire" collection is down one ugly fucking camo, yet professionaly photographed 700. What would the list look like in a few more weeks or months?

None of us can give a fuck less what you own or don't, nor whether tomorrow finds your drueling yap still consuming air in it.........

Didn't you used to work for a phone company or something? Go call someone who gives a fuck.

kup

Nov 17, 2007
NW Indiana
Nope , need to send it by registered , signature FedEx or UPS as you will be the only one with a copy of my DL and I want proof you received it. I want a paper trail.

kup

framis

Apr 27, 2009
Sorry Charlie you are NOT getting my address until I have you vetted.
Sounds like you don't trust your butt buddies on this site with your PM info eh? Says a lot for your opinion of this sorry collection of wannabes.... LAFFIN!

BTW do you REALLY think your license is secure?

kup

Nov 17, 2007
NW Indiana
I have known both of your addresses for weeks, just wanted to see if you would follow through and give it to me or continue to hide behind your keyboard.

You wanted my DL so you could have your LEO "friends" check me out, wouldn't that be unethical if not illegal?

I wasn’t too worried though because I doubt you have any friends.

I trust most on this site, some have my name, address, and phone number. I have broke bread, shot, and drank adult beverages with them and will do so with more in the near future.

I am bored with your stupid and off topic posts trying to brag or impress someone. The more you type the more I feel sorry for the sad pathetic life you must live.

I actually believe you do own most of the guns that you continually post pictures of in unrelated threads, but it gets real boring seeing the same pictures over and over again along with the one elk and one antelope you have shot. You have to post pictures of other people and their game and let us believe it is yours.

You had a picture posted in Jan/Feb “Successful Hunter” of your ID elk-Larry Root of Pinedale WY, you registered a big fish in Canada, you are a factory trained Porsche mechanic, you authored or published some paper backs, you designed the EDS tie tack, you winter in Key West, FL 33040, you flew fighter jets(that didn’t go so well did it). Even if true Whoopee shit!!.

You have been wrong on more of your posts than you are correct. But it doesn’t seem to slow you down.

Sad, very sad, it’s not even funny anymore seeing you get your ass handed to you on almost every thread on multiple forums on every subject

So go tell the moderator or the ASPCA or the secret anti racist society or whom ever.

I have done very little, own very little, cant shoot and have killed nothing but a few dinks , hell I might not even have my GED, but I don’t pretend any different, am happy with who I am, and my word is good.

kup

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
How's that bobtail configuration handle? I've never shot one. Does look like a nice piece. The 10mm is a wicked little bitch from a 1911.

hangunnr

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Man.... I really like that 617. My wheel gun game is pretty weak, and I would mind working on that.

What's the deal on that barrel shroud on your 44? Part of the mount?

tlfw

Nov 27, 2007
Texas
On the 44, the scope rail and barrel shroud are same part...all inclusive.

The 617 is THE definition of pure fun...

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
That's nice! I always liked that version from the PC. Had a chance at a 357 set up that way but didn't pull the trigger on it...

hangunnr

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Nice...

I had a 29-2 4" just like that one. Gave it to a friend, wish I had it back as the dude turned out to be a fuckwit in the end.

I'm a big fan of Kim Ahrends grips.

hangunnr

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Thought I'd post up a pic of the latest toy to be getting tripped to swing the new Montucky....

Was fun while it lasted, but I don't really need this thing.
10rd mags, mag extension, trigger done, Novak sights, barrel, grips, etc....Feeds slicker than buttered bacon to a fat girl.