data-csrf="1711662223,3863aa97804e46c753aa900e471e2e64" Quiet here since '16? | As Real As It Gets

Quiet here since '16?

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
Well, I've been away for awhile now. Life and a new gig I landed a few years ago to put a couple few more nickels in my pocket has me busy.

But anyways, I picked up a new Mathews Halon 32-6 last January and finally got it re-strung this June with quality materials (JBK custom strings). After a good tune and changing to 75% mods I was able to get some crazy chrony numbers.

Attachments

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Yeah after I got mine it sold two more to my buddies, a Triax and a Vertix. Can't argue almost perfection. Left Hoyt and Elite far behind.

It leaves two complete setup Elite Energy 35's hanging in the bow safe....laffin...

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I never have much time off in October, when our archery season starts. I sold my compound and bought an Excalibur...

Easy route for sure, but I doubt if I'll ever have another compound. Out to 50 yards you better not shoot at the same dot on the target twice, unless you like buying/re-fletching bolts.

In all honestly, I do miss shooting bows. 32"+ DL is hard to find though. For straight up killing, there's no comparison though, IMO.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
I never have much time off in October, when our archery season starts. I sold my compound and bought an Excalibur...

Easy route for sure, but I doubt if I'll ever have another compound. Out to 50 yards you better not shoot at the same dot on the target twice, unless you like buying/re-fletching bolts.

In all honestly, I do miss shooting bows. 32"+ DL is hard to find though. For straight up killing, there's no comparison though, IMO.
I have an Excalibur as well. It shoots 4 fps. faster than my Mathews...lolol...

Mathews finally got their head outta their ass and are making long draw bows. I'll roll with a crossbow when I can't draw a bow anymore. Any killin device used for hunting is fine in my book.

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
No sticks and strings this year. Broken leg and knee surgery combined with a broken back equals no archery for me. Wife and kid will shoot tomorrow while I sit in a chair and watch.:(

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
Probably. I’m on Tylenol so that and alcohol kill the kidneys so I have to be careful on the consumption. It will give me a chance to look through my new Burris XTR2s I picked up and compare to a few others I have. First glance indicates they are better than the reviews say. $500 was hard to pass up.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I was at the farm last week and heard the neighbors shooting their .22's and .22 WMR's...that usually means there getting ready for bow season...

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I'd say it's a little of both. It never bothers me though, they always do a great job impersonating a beagle whenever they're in the woods...

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Years ago, when I was a teenager, there was a huge non-typical taken. When it was checked in, it had 12 arrows poked into holes all along it's rib cage...from what I was told, the game warden just shook his head because they guy that killed it was a teenager himself and had drove to walmart to buy enough arrows to fill the holes...he didn't even bother to put broadheads or even field tips on...

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Years ago, when I was a teenager, there was a huge non-typical taken. When it was checked in, it had 12 arrows poked into holes all along it's rib cage...from what I was told, the game warden just shook his head because they guy that killed it was a teenager himself and had drove to walmart to buy enough arrows to fill the holes...he didn't even bother to put broadheads or even field tips on...
Shaking my head......that musta made him really proud to have done a chickenshit thing like that. Let's hope he never had offspring and maybe he walked in front of a bus.

Reactions: Rolltide

Lawdwaz

Nov 25, 2008
2018.......After I shot this buck one of those snowstorms hits that has snowflakes as big as they get. We must have got 4-5" of wet heavy shit in 30 minutes and it made tracking a real pain in the ass. I was soaked to the grommet when I finally found him and got him back to the barn.

Reactions: Rolltide

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
  • Deleted by Prowler
  • Reason: Forgot something
Show…

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Here's a buck I took last year in Kansas. Let's just say it's been more than a few years since I last arrow'd a buck. So I liked what I saw and let it fly. They killed some big ones in the area but I had an itch that needed scratched.
IMG954335.jpg
IMG950898.jpg

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Been raining here this week, so the stick flickers should be having a good time. Pard of mine killed a really nice Columbia last week, and a guide buddy led a client onto a monster he’s been chasing around for three years. Good stuff.

J

Jerodmut

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
R

Rogerthalt

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
K

KeganSmaH

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
K

KeganSmaH

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
R

Rogerthalt

• Deleted by cwh
Show…

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Well, here's this years Kansas buck. Definitely not a Monster but works for me. Was in the stand almost 4 hrs. the first day and he ran into my arrow. Actually was a good thing. The big guys just weren't moving yet. I reckon last week was the week for them to chase the ladies.

20191109_215137.jpg

Reactions: Brett

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Thanks.....

I never would think the day would come that I wasn't interested in gun hunting. I let the entire PA gun season go this year. The Elmer Fudds here in this state have a lot to do with it. Looking in the woods is like watching, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" with orange everywhere. Grin.......

I guess I get more out of killing with a bow.

Lawdwaz

Nov 25, 2008
I hunted Pennsylvania as a non resident from 1981 or 82 until two years ago. A few reasons but mostly I just lost interest.......

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
It's somewhere in Christian/Todd County.

Unfortunately my job I now have gives me limited time at home which the majority is in the summer. So, that leaves my buddies and myself in a situation where we have to use PTO for hunting and use an outfit which does suck but things are as they are. I'm not going to use vacation time chasing a ghost in PA. Or better yet smaller sub 125" deer in the areas I do have access to.

It's actually peaceful to do this than rather have people, ATV's or other hunters busting up your hunt. This past year in PA really was enough for me at my brothers property. I was in a stand, in the rut with a buck coming in and 3 assholes on ATV's came busting through. Not to mention trail cam pics of other people trespassing. I been kicking people out of there since 2000 and I'm done. You're supposed to be enjoying yourself hunting, not getting pissed off when fuk'n idiots blow your hunt.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Just does (2) for me. Looking at picking up a new compound this year though. Might try an APA if I can locate one to try out.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Been using a crossbow last couple seasons. Lost a couple of my good places to hunt a few years ago and got out of the compound game.

PSE Vendetta XL was my last one. Really miss shooting and hunting with a compound. Trying to find some locally this time of year, especially in a long draw length, is proving to be a challenge.