data-csrf="1713494667,7136e209896db41237cec83cf95bf173" Range day | As Real As It Gets

Range day

Apr 3, 2010
Always nice to have a long range day with no surprises. Scopes were a combination of SWFA and Nightforces. Shot my best ever group at 1000 yards with my 6.5x47 lapua and 135 Berger Classics. Every rig tracked dead nuts on not surprisingly. Great day shooting with my son and Huntsman22. No surprise the Vudoo got shot a lot and was the star of the day lol. Here is to spring and more shooting for everyone.

Reactions: dznnf7

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
I did the same yesterday, though it was all short range stuff with multiple rifles. We also did some pistol plinking. It was sure nice to get out.

Bedded a parts rife last night that will get shot today. Factory SS 243 in a MCM classic. Friggin twist measures almost 1-10" so it'll likely shoot up the balance of 87 hornady bthp bullets that I have on hand. After that, who knows. It'll probably live on blue box 100 gr ammo. Might also try the 90 eld-x & scenar in it.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Pard had a S/S Rem OEM 243Win spout do the same,with a Lazy Twist Rate.

Blue Sky and piss flat here...............(grin)

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Vudoo at the local range here today. Dude is killing it at the 300 yard line.

I don’t need one, I don’t need

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Blowing hard enough this morning,that I'd be afeared to shoot the 300yd line with a 22LR...because the wind mighta' caught it and sent it back to me!...........(grin)

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I was going to shoot it a bit, would have probably pushed me over the edge.

Got too aggravated at this .223 and decided I was done for the day.

The accuracy of that thing blew me away. Tempting me to skip the Kidd and save a little longer.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hit Saltville this AM.

Then rifled through Snowville.

Finished up in Wetville...on the way to Coldville....................(grin)

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Saltville.
Good deal...I shot at Kettlefoot on Saturday and worked the 300 yard plate hard with one of my Vudoo's. Had a guy come over asking lots of questions that I tried to get to shoot the Vudoo, but he wouldn't do it...

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
The thought crossed my mind at first, that it may have been you, but then he talked like he only had 2 .22s that he shot...I was like nope, definitely not.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
The thought crossed my mind at first, that it may have been you, but then he talked like he only had 2 .22s that he shot...I was like nope, definitely not.
LOL, that's funny shit!

There's an NRL22 match just outside Johnson City on Saturday if you want to go...

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
LOL, that's funny shit!

There's an NRL22 match just outside Johnson City on Saturday if you want to go...
Cant make it this weekend, but definitely back in the matches when they start in Saltville and am looking at Kettlefoot on Thursday’s as well.

Grabbing a set of targets from Steve and plan on practicing again soon. Won’t be able to hang with most out there now, but should still be a blast.

Probably going to grab a Kidd SG and drop in a Titan to try out there as well.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Cant make it this weekend, but definitely back in the matches when they start in Saltville and am looking at Kettlefoot on Thursday’s as well.

Grabbing a set of targets from Steve and plan on practicing again soon. Won’t be able to hang with most out there now, but should still be a blast.

Probably going to grab a Kidd SG and drop in a Titan to try out there as well.
You'll do just fine and I like Steve's targets a lot, I've picked up a couple of sets now.

You're welcome to shoot my KIDD. It's a Classic, but shoots great and it's sitting in a Titan...you'll have to slum the S&B on there, but I've won a few matches with it at Saltville.