data-csrf="1711717933,f572795b469c5accaa811b2e18d152dd" Red Dot for P365XL | As Real As It Gets

Red Dot for P365XL

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Snagged a P365XL on sale, should be here in a few weeks. I’m debating on a red dot for it.

I like the price on the Sig Romeo Zero, but I’ve heard they are fragile. Don’t know that I’ve ever played with one.

Trijicon is about the most expensive option, but supposed to be tough as all get-out.

Is the Holosun 507k a nice compromise? I like the fact you can change the battery without removing the sight, but I’m not sure how important that is with a 50k battery life?

Anything else I should consider?

The

Jul 24, 2009
Its a Secret
I have an open emitter Holosun some number. If I do it again it will be something closed emitter, if not just for the Pepsi Coke challenge.

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
I have a couple 507Ks (one being on my daily CCW 365XL) and they have been SOLID...

The

Jul 24, 2009
Its a Secret
I have a 508T on a G45 with suppressor height sites. I don’t believe it’s compact friendly.

The Google Machine will tell you more. The jist of closed emitter is if it gets water/dirt/snow/shit on it it keeps on keeping on.

CaptArab

Jul 9, 2021
I have the rmr sized holosun on a 19. It's a solid optic, but I've come to prefer irons.
Whenever I actually get out and do something with the dot gun on my hip, the optic gets all filled with crap. It still works okay, just annoying and extra size.

I'm sure the dot is faster for competitors but I don't think it matters on a carry piece.

I would still like to try the new enclosed aimpoint on my Glock 34 or a 10mm though.
The enclosed emitter should be much less of a crud bucket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minute of elk

The

Jul 24, 2009
Its a Secret
I have the rmr sized holosun on a 19. It's a solid optic, but I've come to prefer irons.
Whenever I actually get out and do something with the dot gun on my hip, the optic gets all filled with crap. It still works okay, just annoying and extra size.

I'm sure the dot is faster for competitors but I don't think it matters on a carry piece.

I would still like to try the new enclosed aimpoint on my Glock 34 or a 10mm though.
The enclosed emitter should be much less of a crud bucket.
The suppressor height sites gives you both options and might help someone transition easier.

Dan if you want to give the 508T a shot (see what I did there) we could probably figure out a way to make it happen. I also wouldn’t waste time taking that guys offer on a good deal Shield.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I have a few reflex-style red dots: Vortex Venom, Viper, and a Holosun 407A3. I just don’t have any of the slimmer versions.

Dan if you want to give the 508T a shot (see what I did there) we could probably figure out a way to make it happen.
Found out I have a friend with a Holosun 507k on his P365XL. I’ll get with him for a test-drive.

I appreciate your offer on the 508T, though.

I also wouldn’t waste time taking that guys offer on a good deal Shield.
ND is a good dude, just not 100% sure I want a red dot on a teenie-tiny pistol. Still mulling my options.

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
i wrote this to dan but..

for me i have difficulty finding the dot at times on micro red dots. smsc or rmrcc or romeo0. had all three. kept this smsc as a cheapy to run atop or offset of gasser.

on a micro 9..say after a shot and i move.. if i can't see the dot, i have to go back to finding front sight and then switch focus plane back to the dot. and the sight housing blocks a lot of the view.

for deliberate shots, or precision shots it's awesome..

for use as a basically a high capacity snubby... big front sight and keep the package as small as possible.

my .02

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
you like it better then a 407?

i can see how the circle ⭕ makes it a bit easier to find the center dot if sight picture isn't perfect. that said it seems redundant and distracting. same with swfa 1-6 and lrhs donut of death.

now you got me in a box.. does the 507k you got have auto adjust or is manual adjust on brightness? don't like auto.

A5049719-1E32-4F99-ADD0-EDC2BEB2D492.jpeg