data-csrf="1711658743,f6c08a632f67f78d6c1374ffa7cebc59" Rimfires | As Real As It Gets

Rimfires

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
I don't think I ever got around to posting about these, but I started hosting a rimfire steel match last year, and started going down the rimfire rabbit hole again. Have since bought and sold quite a bit of stuff, and had a metric shit ton of fun.

Some stuff I've been shooting:

Vudoo

In it's natural habitat (Rimfire Matches)

12" side folder - this has supplanted my 10/22 as my favorite critter gitter

4" side folder... I contend if you don't have one of these, you are missing out. Stupid amounts of fun

Mostly Kidd 10/22 I use as a loaner/backup for my rimfire (it's actually still preferable in some situations to the Vudoo IMO)

PWS Toggle / KKC stock... I really like this rifle but it let me down again and broke. Haven't been able to get it right yet, and it's sat in the back of the safe for a while now

If you are local to NKY, you should come out and shoot my match. It's basically an NRL22 match with longer ranges and it's legit addicting.

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
That vudoo looks deadly! I dunked my old salvage mk2 into a boyds pro varmint a couple years back and it never shot as good as it used to so i bedded it about six months ago, just finally got around to shooting it on monday and the bedding was the cure. Topped it with a 10x fixed fucker and went about dumping gophers. Best one of the day was at 225 yards with 40g win power points. Spinning dials on the rimfire is a hoot. I still need to get one of you guys to send me a dip 25 moa rail for it as they wont ship to Canada.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I've been slammed with work stuff, but the silhouette matches are about to start again. My local club, Kettlefoot, is open to rimfire prs type matches, I just need to find someone to run them.

J-hon, how do you like the Bravo on the Vudoo?

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Good. I think the Bravo is a whole lotta stock for the money, especially if you are shooting PRS style games. In general though, I prefer the grip / thumb shelf of the X-Ray / Whiskey (what I also run for centerfire matches). Kinda wish I just would have went X-Ray, but that's a personal preference thing.... I don't really think it makes a huge difference in performance.

Also spoke w/ Mike Busch at NRAAM over the weekend, for a lot longer than I would have expected he would have given me. Really nice guy, and clearly has spent a whole lot of time thinking about how to make a rimfire repeater feed. Walked away more impressed than I had even been previously, and with several thoughts to chew on. Good dude.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just remembered that I have an Annie MacaMillion Sillywet Old Glory stock on order,wearing S/A 700 and AICS DBM inlet.

Might toss a Heavy Vudoo in it.......................

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
I didn't even ask him about a 17... though that would be a hot setup. He did mention that there was going to be a 'smaller' magazine coming out, but I didn't catch what that was going to really entail.

Are you shooting the 17WSM any? I think an AR upper chambered in that could be a pretty good time.