data-csrf="1711660193,c61e035fd5fed7213475a0fa3542bf28" RimX the newest faux Vudoo | As Real As It Gets

RimX the newest faux Vudoo

nimrod1949

Mar 1, 2010
n. idaho

Formerly Big Horn actions is now Zermatt (as of this week)

They have a new 22 with floating bolt head and they list 17hmr and Wsm on the announcement. AI style magazine too.

Lots of players in the 22 world is good for us.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Damn...I saw this a little earlier...

I said the same thing Stick...a WSM is now in my future...

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Wow. My first reaction was "copycat" but they seem to have made an improvement or two. Barrel/bolt head is swap-able, the magazines are impressive looking, and the price is competitive. America's a great place.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Mike Bush's post in the Rimfire Tactical Facebook group:

I posted this on a forum in response to many questions lately about the 17WSM and was asked to post it here as well.

Since SHOT Show is upon us I've been asked quite a lot recently about the 17WSM and if Vudoo has any plans of doing one. I figured I would post here what my responses have been as this thread has been a great place to impart useful information amongst a community that just "gets it."

I have quite a bit of experience with the 17WSM and due to the parent case, a .27 Caliber Nail Gun Blank, I steer very clear of offering it as a platform from Vudoo. The properties of the brass fall pretty far outside those found in properties common to the firearms industry and this forces undesirable changes to the mechanics of the action. Anyone not favoring an excessively hard bolt lift, heavy triggers, poor accuracy and feeding issues would be frustrated with such a platform. I just don't know what they were thinking when this thing was dreamed up.

The few rifles currently in production display all the things I mention above and I know for a fact one rifle in particular has the highest production fallout of all other platforms under that brand. So, while reading the specs of the 17WSM may represent a ballistic advantage, the properties required to offer a high quality, reliable and functional platform simply aren't there.

As mentioned here recently, we're introducing the V-22M at SHOT that chambers the 17HMR and 22WMR and believe me, if it was possible to put the 17WSM in this action and tell you guys it would be everything that the other Vudoo's are, I'd do it. But honesty and integrity are too important to us to take the chance and we simply won't "play-up-to" the community like that.

Thanks Guys, I hope this answers all the questions and stay tuned for more info on the other things I've not mentioned here yet.

Thanks,

MB

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I ain't ascared,even a little and fucking love the 17 Whizzum.

Hear good thangs about 77/22's and Krunchentickers so chambered.(grin)

Hoping Ruger sees THE Light and does a S/S RAR so chambered.................

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I ain't ascared,even a little and fucking love the 17 Whizzum.

Hear good thangs about 77/22's and Krunchentickers so chambered.(grin)

Hoping Ruger sees THE Light and does a S/S RAR so chambered.................
I met some guy who's supposed to be fairly high up the Ruger food chain, at a local store's Ruger Days event last year. I pressed him about the WSM in the American...as well as a Hornet.

He said the Hornet was a no go, due to a lack of interest.

He said the WSM was a no go in the American platform due to pressures and "other issues". He never would give up any additional info on what the "other issues" were...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The 77/22 receiver has a LOT more locking lugs and lug surface area...but I cain't see an upsized RAR letting go.

With mags in hand,more than half the fight is won by default.

LOTSA beloved Ruger Hornets/K-Hornets in these parts...............

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Curtis custom will be offering rimfire conversion kits for their actions soon, feeding from voodoo magazines. With the offerings from these guys and bergara doing a factory gun seems as though 2020 is the year the 22LR got her groove back.

Reactions: Painless

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Heard about the Curtis conversion earlier today and hopefully it works for someone. I'm not a bolt swapper,barrel swapper,scope swapper or stock swapper and only another complete rifle interests me.

Folks are catching on,that actually shooting something FUN...prolly don't suck................(grin)

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
Curtis custom will be offering rimfire conversion kits for their actions soon, feeding from voodoo magazines. With the offerings from these guys and bergara doing a factory gun seems as though 2020 is the year the 22LR got her groove back.
Curtis can't get a centerfire to feed and I wouldn't hold my breath on them having 22lr figured out.

I could certainly be way wrong, but I wouldn't pre order shit from them.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
What's your initial thoughts on it?

They seem to check a lot of boxes with it...

huntsman22

Jan 25, 2013
eastern CO
The mags are fukking awesome. I've only played with 30338's vudoo a little, and had to run it wrong handed, but I think this is just a tad slicker. We'll get them together sometime soon and I'll know more. It shot one 10 round group at 100 today with CCI std vel just over an inch. I'll run some centerx thru it later this week. Have SK and Wolf on the way.

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
Very nice indeed looks like I will be adding one to my stable.It should shoot that center x really nice.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I keep thinking one of these could be awesome in 17 WSM...but I haven't seen anyone barrel one in that caliber yet...

huntsman22

Jan 25, 2013
eastern CO
  • Deleted by huntsman22
Show…

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I can see your having some fun with your new toy.Love the pic of your dog just sitting their enjoying life.How is that proof barrel shooting.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
My guess is that the Proof will do just fine.

There doesn't seem to be any difference in the groups my Vudoo with a Proof shoots versus my others with Bartlien's.

Brazo

Mar 29, 2013
The Keystone State
How do you like those can ams?

Also, what stock is that, you seem to know what you like in regards to actions, barrels, stocks, and scopes lol. Well done.

huntsman22

Jan 25, 2013
eastern CO
So far, the can-ams are good. But I only have 20 some miles on one and 13 on the other. They replaced a couple '09 Kawi 750's. Don't have the ooomph of the twin, but for the ranch, they'll be great. They ride nicer, pull and carry more and are lighterweight so they'll be easier to get unstuck by myself. The stock is a AG Privateer. I wanted a light, open gripped one without spending Manners money and Manners wait time. Liking the hell out of it so far. But may make a kydex cheek riser soon. After playing with 30338's Vudoo, I wanted something similar but with a bit more barrel contour, so that's where I went.

this is what the enabling yayhoo tempted me with....
[/URL

Apr 3, 2010
Gonna need a shoot off now. Kind of concerned about my odds lol.

Had to setup a new account as the old puter died after 10 years and it was setup under an email I have no access to anymore. Anyway, nice looking rifle Don!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Knowing what you know now...what would anybody do different?

I think a 18" Rank in an AG Altitude,would be tough to whoop....................

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Kurt, you should be 30338 again. Tried to change it yesterday but forgot my own password and locked myself out of my account.

Reactions: 30338

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Kinda ended up with a 54 Biathlon Rifle the other day,which deviates what I thought was the path...but don't piss me off too bad.

Really wanting a High Zoot 17 Whizzum....................

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Kinda ended up with a 54 Biathlon Rifle the other day,which deviates what I thought was the path...but don't piss me off too bad.

Really wanting a High Zoot 17 Whizzum....................
You know the rules....pics are required!

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I am also wanting a High Zoot 17 Whizzum.I hear the little 17WSM is a nasty little bitch on critters.