data-csrf="1711620295,6df4c480dd89eb33b214dcd9fb6b8f07" RimX the newest faux Vudoo | As Real As It Gets

RimX the newest faux Vudoo

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
  • Deleted by 22 skadoo
Show…

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
  • Deleted by 22 skadoo
Show…

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Huntz, the ranches out there ever hire old-ish guys to ride around and fix fences part time? Maybe carry a rifle with them? Pretty sure I could carry some tools and a shooter on one of my dirt bikes.

huntsman22

Jan 25, 2013
eastern CO
Judging by the condition of the fences around here, I'd have to say that none of theses guys have ever hired anybody, let alone fixed themselves......

trapped coon at the bird pens. not much of a challenge....

Reactions: dznnf7

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Well shit, there goes my whole retirement plan. Guess I'll have to ride dirt bikes and kill shit without getting paid for it.

90% of the coons I've shot have been in trees at 20 feet. No challenge, but still murder every one I see.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Shot a Bajillion with a light. Same goes Otters,Beavers,'Rats and the like.

I'm gonna write books...................(grin)

Eagle1899

Dec 9, 2007
not where I would like
Heads up for those wanting a 17 WSM in a RimX.

Josh Kunz at Patriot Valley Arms has a reamer in hand and I've been told Zermatt has bolt heads, firing pins and magazines figured out. They are waiting on striker springs.

Josh is only doing barrels. Contact Zermatt for the rest.

He said he would spin up a barrel if he was sent one. There is not a demand at the moment so he is not stocking barrels. The blank will need to have a 3" straight section for the tenon.

Josh also has 12 twist 22LR barrels that are showing better performance at long range.

My action is on order and I'll be getting a 12 twist and a 17 WSM.

huntsman22

Jan 25, 2013
eastern CO
Eagle, any news on your order? I talked to Ray yesterday and they ran into some problems. He said they were looking to be ready to ship mid/late january. So I bought bottom metal and ordered a stock today. So I reckon I'll keep on choogling along with the 22...

hey, 'stick. What WSM ammo you liking? I figger I'd best be picking some up.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I reckon everyone has it better than I,in regards to ammo selection(s). We all are gunning AE 20 V-Max as a mainstay and it does a rather good job in all of mine and everyone else's.

If they get it sorted,I'm certainly in.

What barrel are you thinking? Contour? Stock?.....................

huntsman22

Jan 25, 2013
eastern CO
I'll set it up just like the 22, except a 4.5-18 LRTS instead of 3-12 and it's looking like a lothar walther barrel instead of proof. No AE around here, so I grabbed some hornady 20's and winny 25's local. I'll look around in town when I hit some other shops. Thanks

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
FWIW, I bought a bunch of AE with plans to buy the rifle...it just took a while to find one.

My 77/17 shoots that AE waayyyyyyy better than I expected it to.

It shoots it well enough that I haven't even bothered to shoot any of the other rounds that I've picked up for it.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
I'm not sure it's verifiable, but the story on WSM ammo is that it was all loaded by Winchester, and AE and Hornady put their name on it and re-sell. So in some cases you're buying the same ammo, but the bullets are labeled V-Max [Hornady] or polymer tipped [Win].

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Same goes 17HMR ammo and AR lowers.(grin)

I've got another FDE 4.5-18x LRTS waiting at home. Nabbed a Ruger 5.7 yesterday. Need to swindle The 'Horn out of a 1-6x HD and fit BIG Bitch OEM H&H mag confines for Beer Cans,then send it to The Kali Kid.

Have multiple Lothar Walther spouts and can't cuss any. I'd likely roll the dice on Lilja and think a KILLER 17 Whizzum Turnbolt would be rather easy to fall in love with.

They fucking SHOOT!........................

Ralphwrard

Jan 1, 2021
  • Deleted by cwh
Show…

huntsman22

Jan 25, 2013
eastern CO
Still waiting on the WSM to come available. Another Privateer for it, but I didn't like the paint job. Added some green in the weak spots and liked it enuff I re-did the other one to match.

Reactions: dakotagun

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm outta the loop. Are you convinced theWSM will be a mainstay reality?

Why in THE fuck Ruger don't S/S RAR the same chambering,blows my mind(still)..................

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I'd love to see a semi affordable 17 WSM that's not a piece of shit.

I hope the little round doesn't go the way of the dodo

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Me too, the couple rimfire RARs I've messed with have been great.

I wish now I'd have gotten a 77 when they were around 750 bucks.

As it stands now, what options are there for a stand alone rifle other than those savage b mags?

Seems like shit rifles and an ammo shortage could do the little round in

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
RAR triggers are better and an inclined 1913 extended rail,has no equal.

But my 77 WSM ain't for Sale................(grin)

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Me too, the couple rimfire RARs I've messed with have been great.

I wish now I'd have gotten a 77 when they were around 750 bucks.

As it stands now, what options are there for a stand alone rifle other than those savage b mags?

Seems like shit rifles and an ammo shortage could do the little round in
I lucked out last year and picked up a new 18" All Weather for $650 shipped on GunsInternational. I have been more impressed by that little rifle than any Ruger I've ever owned...

I'll throw it in the truck and on the 4-wheeler for spring turkey season and with luck, kill several coyotes and groundhogs with it....maybe a longbeard too!

huntsman22

Jan 25, 2013
eastern CO
Finally..... bolted it up today, filled mag with 8 rounds, 3 to sight in and 5 into an inch at 100. Then went straight to killing. RimX 17WSM action, Lilja 18" m-24 with TBAC takedown 22 can, TT Diamond curved with bair trigger shoe, 4.5-18 LRTS in Arc M-10's/ Aadland caps.

Last edited:

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
At first glance and initial reply,I was thinking MTU contour in the length pictured,which of course was a goodly portion of can. So not nearly as bow heavy,as I originally thunked.

Prolly should poke a Liljee on my 77/22 WSM.

Nice ride...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Balance matters most to me and my 18lb+ 18" Vudoo is easy to shoot exceptionally well,due the mass and exceptional balance.

My OEM Anschutz 1717D HB handled/balanced like Dog Shit,but THE Chop cured that. The above Anschutz is also Chopped.

Balance,balance and balance for me..................

Eagle1899

Dec 9, 2007
not where I would like
Circling back around to the RimX.

I finally got mine. I went with a fast twist (1-12) barrel from PVA with the held short Bentz chamber. To say the least, it shoots!

My middle daughter has claimed it as hers for NRL22 matches.

Reactions: Rastus

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I shoot with several friends who have picked up the Rim-X's. They're solid rifles for sure!