data-csrf="1713968253,f4be04495b6e9a810a0e9f07c04fce7e" Rolltide | As Real As It Gets

Rolltide

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Looked for you this morning at the match…

They’re having another next Saturday too.

I wasn’t planning on shooting but had a few minutes before it started to get some rough dope. Ended up doing decent, think I was 4 points away from being in the money…did hit one Ram that didn’t fall, which would have tied me.

Aldo won with a 91, shooting his Anshutz. Some guy from Kingsport shooting a Kidd placed 2nd. I didn’t catch his name. 3rd and 4th were both CZs.

Reactions: Rolltide

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Kidd/Titan with Athlon Midas Tac.

Going to take the 452 this Saturday as well and shoot in the sporter class. Weaver V16 on it, I think I can get to 200.

it’s a blast.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I had every intention of being there...but my daughter's dance recital got scheduled for the same day and I didn't catch it.

The guy from Kingsport that was shooting a KIDD is a good friend of mine.

I may have taken him down a long, dark rimfire path.

He's way down the road now with Vudoo's, a few Rim-X's, Anschutz, Sako's, etc...

I won't make it next weekend but should be there next month.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Seemed like a good guy, I talked with him a bit since he didn’t seem to know many people there. He shot really well too.

I’ll be there next month, just look for the tallest guy there!

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Seemed like a good guy, I talked with him a bit since he didn’t seem to know many people there. He shot really well too.

I’ll be there next month, just look for the tallest guy there!
I talked to him a few minutes ago and told him you were there...

He asked if you were tall and I had to laugh...

Finally, I told him...I have no idea...I've never met him!

You'll have to come down to Kettlefoot for the PRS Rimfire matches...they're shooting 1 per month now.

They also have a match every Thursday evening starting at 5:30 that's just like the Saltville match.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I’ve been interested in the PRS stuff, looks like a hell of a good time.

Not sure I can afford another hobby though!

• Haha

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Don't worry about the cost...

After all...can you really put a price on pure happiness?....................(grin)

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Did much better with the CZ than the Kidd today.

Some good scores with the light wind. Highest was a 93 (Horace).

Weaver is gone from CZ, LRHS on now. I think I might be able to get up there in the sporter class with better glass. Norma TAC22 isn't cutting it in the Kidd. Going back to Center-X if I can find some in stock.

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Good luck....

Tried some of the SK offerings at an N50 match a year ago. The std yellow box was the tits. Haven't been able to find it in stock since then whilst checking CC and PV almost daily. May have to negotiate a deal with one of you brick hoarders. *grin*

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I'm looking forward to getting back to matches. Over the last several weeks, I've missed the matches in Saltville, Kingsport, PRS Rimfire at Kettlefoot and Asheville, and an NRL22 match...

I'm hoping I can start making the Thursday night matches at Kettlefoot since they're just like the matches in Saltville.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Lines down all over, still working at the moment, but if I can get any sleep at all and have a few hours off I’ll be there.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I didn't even think about that. We didn't get hit as hard as that whole area did.

Stay safe and if you make it, we'll catch up!

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Won’t be shooting today. I was looking forward to it though.

Should be there next Saturday.

Let me know how y’all do.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
You missed a LOT of wind!

I somehow managed to screw my windage up in the first match and came in 5th I believe...far enough to be out of the money, bu I did win the second match.

My buddy Jeremy that you shot with last month came in 3rd in the first match and 2nd in the second match.

I don't think they plan to shoot next weekend, so I'd check with someone to make sure.

They also started shooting a 3rd match today that's for sporter barrels only. We didn't know about that so we didn't have rifles with us for that one.

That won't happen again.

I convinced them to do a 4th match starting next month for semi-autos. I figure if I'm driving over an hour to get there, I might as well shoot as much as I can.

I'm also going to see if I can talk them into shooting another match the same day, only limiting it to magnums...either 17 HMR or 22 WMR.

They may ask me to never come back again!

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I worked till 11 last night, 7 today and go back in at 6 tomorrow.

Hopefully won’t storm again for a bit.

I don’t guess Aldo was there?? His sister passed away, and figured he was tied up with that. But last match, he had a little fit. It was funny wish you were there. Said he wasn’t shooting anymore.

Eddie said they were doing .22 LR only, but when Steve used to do them you could shoot any rimfire. The .17s and WMR really fling the chickens.

I thought they told me that they were going to start having matches every 3rd ans 4th Saturday…I’ll holler at Steve Monday and see what happened with that.

You know we have steel out to 600 at the other side right? The Kidd can reach 300, and it was pretty fun hitting it the other day. Dude was out there with some .224 Texas Trophy Hunter or something, bragging it up, missed the plate 5-6 times and asked me how far it was…I said hang on a sec let me see, dialed up the Kidd and hit it 6/10.

I normally shoot better in the sporter class than others, my 452 American shoots better than I can for sure, and I’m more comfortable with it vs the Kidd. With the Bravo stock, I feel a lot better and am getting more used to it every trip out there.

Hate I missed today, although I’d probably be $60 poorer lol.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
LOL, I heard someone say something about Aldo throwing a fit. I'm sure I'll hear more about that at some point.

I'll be up there visiting Mom and Dad today and may try to pay my respects to Aldo on his sister's passing.

Eddie or someone mentioned that Steve was talking about running a match on the 2nd Saturday, but I'm not sure about that one.

I haven't been to the 600-yard range, but I may join the club just to shoot on it.