data-csrf="1713967836,947bd04a4dac9c87964ed482ee62b6e7" Ruger Super Blackhawk-Bisley Hunter | As Real As It Gets

Ruger Super Blackhawk-Bisley Hunter

HuntKY

Feb 12, 2010
TX/WYO/TN
I'm thinking about getting a Super Blackhawk- Bisley Hunter for poking deer. What's the good bad and ugly on these?

It will need a trigger job right out of the box and I'd run open sights, but swap the current sights out for XP Express sights.

Anyone have a Bisley Hunter? Thoughts?

I don't know shit about pistols.....I'm listening.

Kimbershooter

Jul 28, 2009
Powhatan, Va.
A neighbor of mine has one. I have shot his and will full power .44 mag rds it gives my middle finger knuckle a sharp rap every time I fire it. I have a standard Super Blackhawk in .44 mag and don't have that issue. The Bisley has a rounded rear trigger guard where my standard frame gives more clearance. Just a thought to consider.

Paul H

Nov 19, 2007
Alaska
Visit site
Why go with the bisley hunter if you're running irons only? Personally I prefer the balance of the 5 1/2" bisley.

The trigger guard is integral with the bisley grip. I'm suprised the other poster has had his second knuckle wacked with the bisley grip. I've shot 475 and 500 linebaugh bisleys, and have never had that problem.