data-csrf="1714018333,23d5b7823716639c9cb1a72a2ead48bc" Seven DEADLY Sins............. | As Real As It Gets

Seven DEADLY Sins.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Been Seven pissed for some time and the Fieldcrafts made it unbearable. Prolly a pun intended there.(grin)

Threw in the towel last night and righted,many wrongs. Seven COAL is obviously the SAME as 600's,722's,700's and XP's,which tends to be a 2.815" average of latitude. No thang in some chamberings,but THE thang in a 7-08. The OEM RPM will easily stabilize 162 'Max,ELD's and BTHP's(Hornie all). In fact,it'll often make 180 ELDM's happy,but dat's another story.

A 162 'Max Smooch is 2.940" and that is very obviously NO fucking joy in OEM confines. There are severals routes(fuck EVERYTHING Wyatt),but I'm an AICS DBM Slut and am Binderless here. Note The Smooch straddling the OEM box,but yet has miles in said DBM(AM steel 300 Whizzum). As issued,tolerances were askew on the inboard stern,as the DBM's mag fitment goes. It were wrongly tapered to boot. Mags would insert 1/2" into the bottom,but wouldn't even start from the top down,with DBM in hand. Dremel/File,no big fucking deal.

The 300 WSM preference,due the fact that I can play with the longer lips,to arrange Ride Height and relative snugtitude,in relation to receiver. I do NOT do sloppy DBM's and many cain't like my shit,because the boxes tend to be tight. The boltface catches the casehead at primer height,so is wellllllll beyond "POSITIVE". Just right.

Due the increase in COAL,I scalloped the fore inboard side of the exhaust port(a goodly taper) and flared same on it's exterior. Shit feeds/functions/flies like it has eyes and (5) in the belly,do not suck. The front receiver ring's underside,is notched also,to accept the greater COAL(shoulda' took a picture of dat).

The assembled parcel also got a 20MO/MO 1913 rail face lift(Reupold),in order to leave the (3) fastener Reupold 1pc DD Bridge behind. The Reupold 3.5-10x Non-AO Target Turret/Duplex,is hiding for it's life in a drawer. The 6x MQ will allow more,simply by looking through it.(grin)

Balance/handling is money and it was shooting 162 Trio's in the .4's this AM. Shot DOPE to the 1300yd line,before the weather absolutely blew up and the erector says 2650fps,which is of course in the realm.

The Transformation,bolstered The Warm/Fuzzy by a coupla jazillion percent. NOTHING feeds like single stack AICS DBM's and now it's a Bulletproof Hard Hitting Little Sleeper Bitch. One could argue a 2-12x Gen2 Mil FFP Glow Bitch.

Them,are GOOD thangs...................(grin)

Reactions: Al Nyhus

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I avoided DBMs like the plague for a long time. Seems anymore, if it aint a Montana, my rifles get em.

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I like that rig, Stick.

I've been getting the 7-08 162 itch again. Would love a fieldcraft but will probably end up having Shaen screw something together for me.

Lineman, I'm there too, if its not a montana or a fieldcraft I want a AICS dbm.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
OEM Fieldcrafts are 8" and will Smooch 180 ELDM's over the counter,at 2600fps.

Not much can hang with one................

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
Need to see if Bart’s 8.7 twist flings 180’s at 2200ft. My only regret on that one….although 162’s are not much of a compromise.

Vek

Nov 3, 2009
I have a rem mountain contour ss 7-08 barrel on the shelf...I'd screwed it on a receiver, bedded it in an ADL MCM Edge and a couple of attempts with 162 eldm resulted in shotgun patterns. Didn't try much else, screwed the schneider 25-284 barrel back on and am back in business there. Don't recall velocity but was north of 2600 IIRC with R15.

I let it leap from mag confines rather than finding contact, and I don't recall finding out how deep the throat is. Think it's worth another shot on a rig set up for AICS and longer OAL?

Al Nyhus

Dec 30, 2008
'Stick, that's as slick looking a Model 7 as I've seen in some time. (y) The McMillan factory pattern Schnabel stocks are perfect with 20-22" barrels.

I'd go with a set of heavily breathed-on Talley LW's . o_O But you know I'm just pokin' the bear!......;)

Good shootin'. -Al

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Vek,

Kiss,find pressure and rock on.

Then simply choose the Feed System that'll arrange same. Personally,if'n I gotta overrule Factory Guts,it's AICS DBM for me.

Always.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Al,

If LW's were made of better materials and would align ring spacing,they'd rate a thunk.

Alas...................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
'gunnr,

Desert Camo has been a McMillan mainstay,for MANY moons. Looks good swirled too.

Kinda/sorta here.

More better here.

Hell...even Ryan chases Grandpa's tail.

And WHY wouldn'tcha'?!?.................(grin)