data-csrf="1714316800,82196e4baa3b5505cacea1ad9add0aaa" Should be fun..... | As Real As It Gets

Should be fun.....

Brad Arnett

Nov 17, 2007
Michigan
The packs are loaded and were heading out the door. It's 40* and raining, with lows in the teens and 3-6" of snow in the forecast for tonight. Managed to shame my brother into the 4 night backpacking hunt, which is a good thing since he still has 2 buck tags and all I have are doe tags. Can't say the family is too happy about it, but we got bucks to chase and it's the rut. Should have some more 62TSX carnage by sunday if all goes as planned.

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
so that is where you were. I call and got the recording saying you were there but on the phone....what a crock...

Brad Arnett

Nov 17, 2007
Michigan
It didn't quite work out this time. Did find out the gear we had wasn't quite adequate for temps down around 0. Friday night we lost all our cloud cover and the temps dropped to about 3*. Spent a miserable night and saturday morning we pussed out and made our way to a buddies cabin not too far from where we were hunting. We didn't shoot anything, rattled in a few bucks, but all were small and we weren't about to go through the trouble of hauling a dink out of the area we were in. All in all, it was a still a good trip and we missed out on the Turkey day chaos. We did find some new beaver ponds that we didn't know were there so that helped. Didn't take alot of pics as the cold zapped the camera batteries fairly quick into the trip, Need to carry a spare next time. Oh yeah, 12.5#'s of 223 is NOT a good rifle to have to lug around for 4 days. Halfway into the first day, I was kicking myself for not grabbing the .280 mtn rifle instead, I just really wanted to whack some more with the .223AI.

Here a pic of one of the little bucks we rattled in, only managed to snap 1 quick pic as he was heading out.

Mac84

Nov 20, 2007
Damn Brad. Some nice scenery. You in the UP? Down here we've had dustings with maybe an inch on the ground.