data-csrf="1714259984,c4cbc53c578cefef6030d4201fee57e6" Sitka Blacktails/ Bag Limits and best units | As Real As It Gets

Sitka Blacktails/ Bag Limits and best units

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Hey fellas,
I know this crew is the best to ask what probably seems like a dumb question, but what is the season and bag limit on Sitka blacktails up there and what units are you guys hunting?

I've just spent the last hour going through the regs and haven't come up with dick on the subject.

I've seen shit like 10 wolves per day, which I'm still trying to comprehend and 3 black bears per season, but nothing on what the season or bag limit is on them blacktails.

I'd seriously like to get a chance to head that way next year and would like to get a heads up on where to go and what to expect.
Heck, having one of you boys pointing me in the rigt direction wouldn't be too shabby either........grin

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Damn, I looked all over that friggin site and couldn't find that. That's the first PDF I've seen that listed deer as a species to even hunt.

Thanks for the info.

I'm gonna have to do some R&D up there next year in the rut, just to make sure that my parts can hold up to adverse weather conditions...... :grin:

Jamie

Nov 17, 2007
Oly. WA
The Alaska game dept. site has alot of info. but it takes some time to figure out where its all at. When I first started useing thier site, I thought it a real PIA to navagate but with some time you'll find alot of good info. Some where on thier site you can ask for a free paper copy of the regs. Get one.

Steelhead

Nov 17, 2007
Here
It's different within a GMU and between GMU. Where I'm at we are allowed 4 deer.

NR tags are $150 per deer plus about $85 for license.

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Big Stick said:
Alaska is still a very cheap Hunt,compared to other States...............
I noticed that the prices were definitely reasonable, even compared to here.

I'm hoping to get something arranged to get my dad up there. He's probably only got another 2 or 3 seasons left in him before the bad knees and back are gonna keep him from doing it all.
He's do up on surgery for his knee in the next week and will be off of it for 6-8 more.

I'd like to put him on a nice black bear up there or at the very least some blacktails. We had a good opportunity a few years ago to head up there for moose and caribou, but work didn't allow it.

I suppose I've just gotten too fed up with this damn state's huntings seasons and want to see some new country and critters. We get about 3-5 days to hunt elk and 10 days to hunt mulies....that's it. Blacktails run for a month, but never in rut, as do the elk and Muledeer hunting. We get two bears a year, with one being in the fall and the other in the spring. No bait, no dogs, but success can be good despite that in the right areas.

My cabin fever has been growing for about 5 years now and I'm not seeing a cure in sight. I just dont' hunt as much as I need to. Ahhh the good ole days, but at least I got you fellas to keep my interests peeked everytime I log on here. :grin: