data-csrf="1713897808,0f1e71311ad76c807d267ce14a042c67" Sleeping bag ? | As Real As It Gets

Sleeping bag ?

Brad Arnett

Nov 17, 2007
Michigan
I have a half-dozen different bags now that cover about everything I do here. The thing is, they are all down filled bags. I am in the process of restocking my gear with stuff that is going to hold up to lots of rain. I figure sythetic is going to be the only way to go for that, but it looks like there are half a dozen different fill materials available. What are you guys who deal with wet weather using for bags? I know I could rely on a good tent to keep shit dry, been looking at bibler's and marmot's tents for that. I still want to look at better options for bags though.

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
I fell for the Wiggy's hype a couple times, and ended up going with Integral Designs now. I like the ID North Twin for what we do.

I beleive Marmot has some bags I could live with as well...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Humper just bought a few new bags for the Kodiak Hunts,that he's bragged up well.

I've some Marmot and Walrus that I absolutely love...................

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Anyone using the military cold weather bags? I've not used them, but they look slick enough.

What was the deal with Wiggys? I haven't been able to seperate the hype from the reality, and that nagging feeling has kept me from buying. Curious to know what you didn't like... both times...

Brad Arnett

Nov 17, 2007
Michigan
cwh, If this one is the one you are talking about...

Sleeping bag

I have one that I acquired before I got out. What I don't like about that one is a few things. I found that the temp ratings were generous at best, when using just the bags without the goretex outerbag attached. When you use the goretex outerbag, so much moisture builds up inside that you might as well just dump a quart of water in the bag, before you climb into it, and be miserable right from the start. The 10# carry weight never excited me either.