data-csrf="1711661928,cc2cbeee6b07fc692ee7578a40d9b8ce" Snowshoes for your rig | As Real As It Gets

Snowshoes for your rig

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Nope, but my boss eyeballed 'em thinking about our field crews.

Given the drifting we get up here it seems like a REALLY good way to get REALLY fucking stuck. Especially if a guy dropped one into a hole, and then had it fall off......

Considering track setups for atv's can weigh 100lbs a corner, I can't see truck tracks being lighter.

longshot

Jan 24, 2008
ORGN
i dont see the point. a good snow tire and your pushing snow with the bumper ride height becomes your limit... all the snow they showed is not even that deep. then figure that shit will break or get stuck every 10 miles.

Horse1

Dec 31, 2007
In the vicinity of dandihood
It'd help here in ND. Our snow gets wind-driven and very hard, but, not hard enough for a truck with normal tires to stay on top. There's enough added surface area with those things that a guy would probably stay on top. I'm thinking that for driving out across big lakes to go ice fishing they'd be mighty handy, I know the tracks on my wheeler pictured above allow me to go nearly everywhere a snowmobile can (albeit WAY slower) and it's all about the surface area.

Pard had Mattracks on a Suburban for a while, it'd go everywhere you pointed it, the only worry was blown in/over cattails. Nothing else mattered regarding snow or mud.

Paul H

Nov 19, 2007
Alaska
Visit site
If one doesn't want a tucker terra, the mat-tracks certainly work for those who have a use for them. When you think of the difference in contact patch of a tire vs. a track, it's gotta be at least 5 if not 10 times as much area, hence much less weight compacting the snow.

Haven't heard of any reliability probems, I know they use them on the slope and hence they can handle the cold. The only real issue is cost and loss of fuel economy.

And yes, if you get stuck far from help, you'd be fucked!