data-csrf="1713566932,331827ce3cdd5a1b2259998c1376f0ca" So, this Covid shit..... | As Real As It Gets

So, this Covid shit.....

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Was able to avoid the kungflu until about 2 weeks ago when I noticed I was running low on energy at work. Never have had any problems climbing or humping heavy wrenches until I started getting winded pretty easily. Was scheduled for a week of vacation for the opener of our firearm season. Went out opening morning and downed a buck and it about kicked my ass getting it out of the woods......not normal.
Woke up the next morning with shortness of breath and absolute no energy. Daughters talked me into a trip to urgent care and low and behold I was diagnosed with the kungflu.........

They suggested for me to do a IV infusion as a treatment which actually seems to have helped.

IV treatment

I didn’t have the classic covid symptoms other than a shortness of breath, never had bad chest congestion, fever or any of the internal digestive problems.
Sucks having to be away from the family as my 86yr old dad just had a hip replaced and they really could have used the help.

It appears I’m over the hump with this stuff as I currently feel pretty good and may have to temp a day or two in the woods....

Last edited:
Reactions: Al Nyhus

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'd of NEVER fucking known I had the shit,were it not for mandatory Testing on the way to work.

Tested 3x times total and The Hot Potato every time..............

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
Wife is still tired from her bout that was 6 or7 weeks ago. Her sense of taste is a bit messed up for certain foods and drinks. She had the flu15 years ago that was a lot worse than the China flu.

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
A buddy of mine killed a bull elk by the house Sunday after, we got him back to my place and loaded in his truck by 8pm and he opted to make a mile for home on the 5 hour drive right then.
By 9pm after I cleaned up I had the chills and couldn’t warm up which lasted till about noon Monday. Then a low grade fever for about 12 hours. I was awake for all of 2 hours in that 24 hour period, and had a minor headache right betwixt my eyes, but a single advil took that away.
The fatigue hung on for about a month, which was pretty fucking horrid because after a week I felt ok, and it starts to make you think you should be doing this or that but a half hour later I was completely wiped out and would spend the next day napping all day till bed time.

Buddy was ok till Wednesday then it hit him. His wife was good for about 5 days then she got it but none of their kids did. My gf was good till Thursday then she was down.

I didn’t lose taste but I lost smell for about 10 days, but when it came back it was over the courseof about an hour. Buddy didn’t lose smell, but he lost taste for a couple weeks.
Both me and him lost better than 20lbs in less than 2 weeks, but I think that may be more related to the fact that I was forgetting to eat or drink for 2-3 days at a time as there was NO hunger or thirst for maybe 3 weeks.

The one thing that kind of bugs me, is that it DID change the taste of coffee and alcohol for me. Coffee doesn’t really matter as I have to drink that regardless to keep the headaches away, but now I can taste alcohol in anything. And it tastes like brushing your teeth and then drinking a big glass of orange juice is the closest I can describe.

Also, hangunnr, you might think you don’t have any chest congestion, because I thought the same (and I’ve had a couple round of pneumonia over the years) but at about the 3 week point in the morning I would cough once or twice and a chunk would come up that was about the size and consistency of pre-chewed bubblegum. Nasty thick gray ball that would be too thick to wash down the sink drain. Had no inkling there was anything in my lungs.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
I had them do a chest xray and it didn’t show anything. Obviously something was causing the shortness but so far nothing has showed up and my breathing is back to normal. We’ll see if I can keep up when going back to work next week.
I did have no appetite for the better part of 2 weeks which I’m sure added to the weakness. I dropped right around 20#. Never really lost my taste or sense of smell, just no desire to eat.

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
Came across a TikTok with someone promoting a supplement that restored their taste. Can't remember what it was but maybe worth looking into for those so affected.

Reactions: KodiakHntr

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I was stuck in Los Anchoritos Covid Jail for 13 days,which ain't my idea of Good Times.

No way to get home and assuredly NO fucking fun either...............

snowchaser

Jul 27, 2010
vermont
I am on day 9 of this shit and it's not getting any better yet. I start to feel a little better one day and then the next day I can't wake up or get out of bed. Taste and smell is gone . Between this and the heart attack I had in October my fall has been pretty bad to say the least.

Vek

Nov 3, 2009
We never tested but wife and I lost taste and smell and had a cold of sorts with half-day fever about a year ago. Took quercetin/zinc/C/D3 but can't comment on if that helped or no. Duration of lost senses was pretty short, and didn't have much for tiredness or headache besides that one half day of fever. I remember lifting weights in the garage and feeling pretty cold and ineffective, but never got proned out or otherwise laid up. Taste loss was realized suddenly on a chunk of summer sausage, and was coincident with smell loss tested on a fresh cut banana.

In terms of abject medical quackery, we now have direct experience with six individuals who, with our assistance, have dosed five days worth of horse paste plus zinc/C/D3 in response to positive-tested symptoms. In four of those, there was a 180deg about-face in progression of things, from proned out and getting worse to up doing yard work or similar within 48 hours of initiation. The other two weren't heading so directly toward "bad", and results there were neither compelling nor adverse. Coincidence? Were the bad ones going to turn the corner without the paste? Dunno. It's fun to trot out those anecdotes with the true believers.

Unit conversions show the horse paste is dosed precisely at the typical antiparasitic dosage of 0.2mg of ivermectin per kg of bodyweight, within 1%. That's all we've dosed out, but the latest flccc guideline has double that dose as guidance. So an average lardass will need two tubes to get through 5 days' dosage. I think acute toxicity is on the order of 75 times the antiparasite dose, or 15-ish tubes consumed at once for me. I can't find that many tubes to buy, let alone consume.

Reactions: CaptArab

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
You took a horse wormer? Did you get the apple flavor?
We always have that stuff around for the horses and goats. Never considered eating it myself. I got the Pfizer vaccine quite a while back. Before that my wife got real sick with all the COVID symptoms in maybe February 2020 before COVID was a thing stateside. I never had any issues then or since. Have had a few friends spend time in the hospital on oxygen. It’s no joke. Some of them still haven’t recovered lung capacity several months later.

Painless

Administrator
That shit put me in the hospital for 6 days, I had no symptoms other than shortness of breath, went to urgent care and my oxygen saturation was in the 80's so they hooked me up to oxygen and an IV. Taste and smell went away for a couple of days but came back pretty quick. Went elk hunting and the first day whipped my ass, wasnt to bad after that.

mkoeh475

Dec 24, 2007
Wisconcsin
My two girls and I both tested positive on Monday. They are symptom free and I have cold symptoms. The first few days for me had random fevers. Nothing bad for the three of us and I'm glad the kids are fine so far. My wife is an RN in the ICU and has avoided being sick this whole damn time.