data-csrf="1713555733,1f1965774632e82c2fe54aa5abeb78b5" Social distancing..... | As Real As It Gets

Social distancing.....

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
A buddy and I practiced a little distancing with some spring Coho fishing. We’ve had a pretty good year so far but the run is about over with.

Stick isn’t the only one with breathtaking (sometimes literally) scenery. I mean what’s not to like about a steel mill.

Only found 3 keepers this morning. There were a ton of sub legal fish around for some reason.

......and in my humble opinion the best way to prepare these little guys. Smoked with sugar maple to an internal temp of 160.

Last edited:

JIMMY 808

Oct 10, 2011
  • Deleted by JIMMY 808
Show…

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Had a GOOD talk with The Governor and he added a "Subsistence" Clause...so I'll not even look over my shoulder.......................(grin)

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
I dig the midget pink Contender. Hope she has a ball with it.
It's actually a tc hotshot. Jimmy had one for his daughter when she was little, figured it was near the perfect first gun for a young kid. She got it before she was 3 we were driving in the truck one day and she says to me "daddy I need a new gun" "I want a pink gun with ponies on it" so what is a dad to do, I got to ordering a rifle and some pink cerakote hahaha

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
My kids have them TC’s. Was their first guns. Pretty handy little units. One had/has issues with light hammer strikes, but otherwise flawless.

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Boyo jellied the head. It put his dick in the dirt like I didn't think a .410 could.

Don't worry Stick, I won't tell him you thought he was a girl, haha.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Pardon my being caught in the moment,as Sister steals the show.

i reckon we'll make peace.(grin)

Kudos!...............

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
Hey Dude,' tell Lil Dude' big congrats, that's a nice bird... I've missed over ten days of hunting so far since the fuckin' chink flu shut shit down here...

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Nice work, caller and shooter! Good to see green grass. Another inch of snow on the ground here, and two more weeks to opening day. At least our dick eating governor is unaware that rural areas even exist, so hasn't remembered to shut down hunting.

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Thanks guys.

He was pretty stoked, the fidgets had him bad about the time the old bird was gobbling and strutting at 40 yards or so.

Stick, I think I can talk him out of kicking your ass, this time, grin.

Glad to see you and sister are hammering the feesh. Big rains earlier this week blew out my brook trout holes

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia

Weird weather day this morning, it snowed, sleeted and rained on us all before 9am. My partner had to bail at 10:30 after a couple close calls with birds. I walked out with him, his back is all fugged up and I was worried he might take a spill. It was maybe a half hour after going back out that I called in 4 longbeards, wish he could have stayed. I’ll at least get to go back and call for him.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Thanks, wish I would of had some one with me this morning as the other birds were just asking to die.
Found some turkey egg shells on one of the drive paths so they’ve been at it for some time here. We didn’t see any hens this morning.

Are you guys allowed more than one bird in your AO?

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Yep^^

It didn’t heat up around here last year until the last week of season or so. Hoping I can get on some soon. As much as I love to deer hunt, turkeys are a blast if you’re in them.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I haven't been out this year but Dad said he hasn't heard a gobble all season...

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
I’ve never figured out why some years you don’t hear much of anything from them, then the next year they gobble all spring and summer. I’ve seen birds strutting and gobbling during the fall deer season too. Seems there’s no rhyme or reason.

I prefer deer hunting too but there is some fun in getting a bird all fired up and calling him 400yds across a field.