data-csrf="1711663644,dc06373b3650ad68b3c11427ca9aba28" Sold Another One... | As Real As It Gets

Sold Another One...

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I shot a local match yesterday and took along a few extra rifles and a buddy that wanted to see what the matches are like.

I was sure I'd get him to shoot when we got there, but he was content to sit back and watch.

Once the match was over, we stopped at another range on the way back home. He's familiar with the Vudoo's, especially since one of mine was his. He looked at my first one and immediately ordered his. Life and a ton of overtime kept him from shooting it, so he asked for my help in selling it. I told him I'd take it and have shot it more than the other two combined.

One of the rifles I brought was my 1727F Trainer. I'd told him about it, but he hadn't seen it yet.

Once we got to the range, he shot a few other rifles and I finally pulled out the 1727... 10 minutes and a few magazines later, he turned around and just shook his head.

After an hour on the phone today, it looks like ANA will get a call tomorrow...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I figured with harness,hand stop,sling,sights and the mags...that I probably did OK.

Purty nice with a 75 MoMo Bob rail and 3-15x X MQ FFP..................

Robertham1

Jun 16, 2015
But, but, but the anschutz cone!
I didn’t account for the rifle I got the action from having a different trigger guard and different length screws... so I’ll need to source them.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I feel your pain.

Cain't remember the fastener(s) size/length,but I bought a bunch at the local Hardware Store and you should find them easily in America...................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nope...today's Mail and likely another Bob Rail.

I'd give Champ's Choice or Altius a shout,for a TG.....................

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
ANA has the trigger guards....

Drop my name and it will get you absolutely no price break.........grin

Champ's Choice is closed until Covid is over... Champion Shooters Supply is closed period...

Nordic Marksman has a lot of cool toys for the Annie's........

Robertham1

Jun 16, 2015
Of all the places I looked... you’d think I would have checked ANA... Thanks

stick- would you mind taking a picture of that guard removed from the stock? When looking at Nordics site is made me question the one I need. Thanks

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I gotta ask, did you guys order the Micky's or find them used?

I bought one several years ago on a forum and used it for a while, but eventually moved away from it...

Now that NRL22 is happening, I'm thinking of picking up another one to use my 15.18 in some matches.

I just pulled my 150th Anniversary 1710 out of the factory stock and dropped it into an MDT LSS...

The MDT works, but it definitely isn't my favorite...

I'm thinking a McM non-thumbhole would be ideal for the intended purpose...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Offa the top of my head,I've only got 3 patterns in hand,that they've tossed.

Annie SillyWet T-Hole

Winny 70 G&H

Ruger 77/22 Vermin

Sad losses,all.....................

Robertham1

Jun 16, 2015
Got one en route from ANA. Once it’s here I can measure for action screws.

Nordic has em but I’m sure shipping would take a while.

DIP arrived today and would assume low’s would be the ticket with the SWFA?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hopefully,you get the correct component.

If you are still fucked,I'll send you one and you can fling it back,once you score your own................

Robertham1

Jun 16, 2015
I appreciate the offer. After speaking with Brian at ANA- I’ll be surprised if it’s not the correct guard.

Robertham1

Jun 16, 2015
The rifle that this barreled action came from has a story-

the stock had a few stickers on it so I used the google. It was a club gun from Sweden as it has the city and range name on it. Also- what I figured to be the name of a person. Went to Facebook and sure as shit- found the girl who this gun was shot by. Sent her a message out of the blue and responded with confirmation that it was the gun she shot at the club, and her dad made the stickers and continued to say it brought back great memories. In fact she said it was some of the best times of her life. She was very interested and happy it was still to be used.

Reactions: 7mmMato2 and Brett