data-csrf="1711636720,8b0e2d038f4ab7872ac4632ec64b9f7c" Spring Fling.................... | As Real As It Gets

Spring Fling....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Herring are Rolling,Chromers are Chroming and Booners Roaming.

Lookin' to be a rather good turn out and just might could be one for the ages. New Guys,Old Guys and Kids...it don't get much better than that.

I reckon I should keep a camera battery or two charged...................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Been shooting like Bush is President and bumping some fish. Water levels are low and I've not seen a good splash of Spring fish yet and try to leave the Downhillers alone. It seems all of the World is chasing Herring and getting that Fishery wrapped up.

Have a new rifle that needs shot and cain't set a Vudoo down.

It's rough!..................(grin)

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
We should finish herring this evening or tomorrow at the latest
I still haven’t shot your Annie which is sad
Did score a CTR in 6.5 and looks like one of those fast twist 22/250’s punched to 22 CM could be mine as soon as I settle up with the owner
Wanting to go shoot some hooters and maybe a brownie here in the next couple weeks
Man things are getting busy

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Today is the toughest shooting weather I've had,but that doesn't make it not fun.

Sounds like you'll have your shit together on the next pass and we'll have to go fuck around................

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Managed to slip out of work for a play day today.

Nice morning, never hunted spring birds in the snow.

Birds read the script.

.......and to break the cherry on the new truck, a raghorn-esq bloody tailgate shot...

Took a run out to the farm last weekend to try to locate the birds and took this craptacular pic thru my binocs.

There were actually 6 toms out in the same field competing for the attention of 3 hens.

Reactions: Al Nyhus

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Sweet. Glad someone killed something. :)

We tried to kill a bear and failed, but had nice enough weather that I sunburned myself silly.

Decent scenery though.

Reactions: Al Nyhus

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hmmmmmmm...let's try again,Post-Covid.(grin)

What a Shit Show!

Chrome in the AM however..................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
38" Lady Bitch was this morning's best. Water REALLY came up and I needed a wingman purty badly. Fingers are already cut to fuck,from rolling out hooks.

Fun times!................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Dude dropped my newest boat off yesterday evening and I reckon I should wet it. Trouble is,I'll see Bears on accident..................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hewescraft,being it was handy. Goddamned fucking shipping is a bitch,so I bought local and it saved me $5K...................

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Kings are really ez right now. Small though which don’t hurt as table fare. 10-14lb kings are tasting great, just takes a few more for poundage.

things are about to get really busy.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Tough not to like that Joel. How are charter bookings looking?
It’s insane. Both boats 100% booked and still turning people away daily. With Canada closed, no Cruises, and international travel difficult, folks are forced to go fishing.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Went Bear Lookin',night before last and saw 15,getting 14 on film. Clear Cut Bears,Rock Rollers and Hay Munchers,even called a few in.

Did good and never even chambered a round,let along come close to breaking a blade out..............(grin)

EdwardNum

May 13, 2021
  • Deleted by cwh
Show…