data-csrf="1714273674,6e68e1a0111927a084e7a17db074a4fe" Start to finish | As Real As It Gets

Start to finish

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
I figured I'd make a post on the rebirth of Jimmy's 223 into a 6BR, step by step.
First thing some of the requisite tools required.

So I started with truing the action. I use the Manson kit as there doesn't seem to be any benefit to doing it in the lathe instead and it's way faster. I missed a pic of truing up the bolt and receiver ring.

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Machine requisite threads and bolt nose counterbore.

Stuff reamer in and out

Spin on action and confirm headspace

Flip around cut crown and take more piss poor photos to send to Jimmy

Take to the range and proceed to shoot wallet group (top one ;)

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
I hadn't seen one extended that far out in the front before. I looked at the EGW site and they list one like that. The extended front will work better for the XP100 pistols that I shoot.

CR

Feral

Jul 28, 2010
Nice job!
How does it feed?
Been thinking about jumping into the 6Br pond this winter using either a 700 SA or a M7..
Feeding is my main concern..

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Feral said:
Nice job!
How does it feed?
Been thinking about jumping into the 6Br pond this winter using either a 700 SA or a M7..
Feeding is my main concern..
700's are easiest to manipulate,for either ADL or BDL and AM is fixing to unleash their 6BR mags for AICS footprint DBM's.

A 6BR 700 wouldn't begin to aspook me............

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Are you using the tapered bushings in that Manson setup, or the flat ones? Everyone I hear using the Manson setup says it's legit, but damn you end up with a goodly bit of money in that, plus the plethora of bushings you'd have to buy between the action and the range rods.

I'm trying to tool up a lathe myself, and still haven't figured out what is the way to go.

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
I'm using the tapered bushings and they work well. By the time you buy a fixture to hold the action and an indicating mandrel for the lathe your damn near the same money. The speed outweighs the cost for me.

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Too funny. My Mom is continually dropping conspiracy theories on me. I just tell her, "Mom, I love you, but that's bull shit, I know I was there."